CHAPTER 13

"OK, so we'll get to why we are really here" said kakashi looking at his genin squad. "This is the real genin exams, if you can get a bell from me you pass, come at me with the intent to kill"

"But sensei, why are there only two?" Asked Sakura.

"Isn't it obvious, only two if any of you will be passing" said kakashi in a tone that mocked her.

As soon as that was said both sasuke and Sakura jumped away into hiding, leaving naruto and kakashi standing there, both in the same position, both reading books.

"So, you are gonna fight me naruto?" Asked kakashi without looking up from his book.

"Don't be crazy kakashi, you know I can't do that" replied naruto also continuing to read the book.

At the same time, a clone of naruto approached sasuke and Sakura, talking them into using a boy of teamwork.

Back at the clearing a bunch of kunai and shuriken that flew towards kakashi from a bush forced him to jump away, but he still kept reading his book. Then there was a few fire balls from the opposite direction, which again caused kakashi to jump away, then he was engaged in a taijutsu fight with a clone of naruto, while the original was still reading his book, kakashi blocked all the attacks from the clone without even looking away from his book. That was until he heard a voice.

"You know kakashi, it's not good to underestimate opponents, looks like you're going soft" said the original naruto, he was still clutching the book, but his other hand was clutching what seemed to be two bells, the same two that kakashi had hing on his belt.

Then naruto gave one bell to sasuke and the other to Sakura, "I don't need this, I can get stronger without a headband" he said as he calmly walked away book in hand.

"Wait! All of you passed, the lesson was teamwork, there were only two bells, so that it would put you against each other" said kakashi.

Naruto stopped dead in his tracks, and then walked back towards them, meanwhile sasuke and Sakura were jumping around evidently happy for graduating.

"Guys, since we are going to be a team, there's something I need to tell you" said naruto as he put away the icha icha.

"What is it naruto?" Asked kakashi calmly as he put away his own icha icha.

"Remember, what happened to the uchiha clan, and how you all think that I've forgotten. Well I haven't, the fox, he tried, but he couldn't lock away those memories, I've pretended like I can't remember" said naruto.

The air seemed to get thicker, sadness was evident in the mood, everyone except Sakura were looking at the ground, remembering the events of that fateful day.

"I'm sorry" said naruto.

"No problem bro, but we are gonna have to talk tonight" said sasuke.

"Don't forget about your date you idiot" said naruto switching back to a more cheerful tone

"How d'you know about that?" Asked both sasuke and Sakura simultaneously.

"Its easy, you two ain't good at hiding things" said naruto "hey kakashi, you want to pay a visit to an old friend along the way to the meeting?" Asked naruto as he took out his icha icha.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Asked kakashi from naruto as he took out his own icha icha.

There was no reply, and there was no need for one, the two of them had met each other long ago, before naruto was adopted, they got close fast, well naruto was close with anyone, he had that friendly aura that attracted people.