•Part 17•

"Miss Hamilton, everything is under control," coach stood in front of me.

"What happened?" I stood on my tiptoes to look at the scene.

"There was a fight," he stated.

"Is he hurt bad?" I watched one of the paramedics take out the trolley from the ambulance.

"Just go back inside, it's nothing for you to worry about," he refused to let me pass.

"Let's see daddy," I mumbled and ducked under his arm.

"Mitch," I fell to my knees by his side.

"Is this what it takes for you to talk to me," he opened his eyes slightly, smirking.

"Are you okay?" I ignored his joke.

"Go back inside, you don't need to see this," he stroked my cheek.

"What's going on?" Coach interrupted us.

"She's going," Mitchell put his arm back down by his side.

"I'm going nowhere," I stood up as he was lifted onto the trolley.

"Hun go home. Everything will be okay," he quoted me from a while back.

"Keep your arm still," the paramedic spoke to Mitch as he attached a brace to keep it in one position.

"We need you," I mumbled, as he pushed into the ambulance.

"Let's go and sit in the staff room," coach touched my arm.

"Liz!" I heard a scream and Annie and Zack ran towards me.

"I though something had happened to you," Zack beat Annie and hugged me.

"I need to go to the hospital with him," I looked into the ambulance where Mitch lay watching me.

"We will," he smiled.

"I'm scared," I buried my face into his chest and he gently kissed the top of my head.

"We saw an ambulance drive towards the school, we freaked out," Annie turned me around and pulled me in for a hug for herself.

"Thank you," I squeezed her tightly.

"His parents have been contacted," coach came up beside us just as the ambulance door was shut.

"They wouldn't care," I began to walk down the field, following the ambulance.

"Let's get you home," Zack jogged towards me.

"I already told you, I'm going to the hospital," I walked the opposite direction.

"Let her be," I heard Annie shout to Zack from across the field, talking to the coach.

****

"I've got you," I held Mitch's hand as he lay asleep in a hospital bed.

"How is he?" A woman asked, standing a distance away from myself and Mitch.

"Okay I think," I looked up and gave her a weak smile. "Are you visiting someone too?"

"He was always falling over and cutting his knees when he was younger," she walked closer, holding onto the bar at the end of the bed.

"Your son?" I replied.

"You'll be a great mother, but motherhood just wasn't for me," she smiled.

"Wait, what-" I frowned.

"You're holding your stomach, I forever did that with my baby boy," she smiled again.

"Yeah, nobody really knows about it," I looked down at the floor.

"Tell them when you're ready," she replied.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Martha," she shook my hand.

"Liz," I shook her hand back.

"I can't feel my arm!" Mitch shouted, his eyes still shut.

"It's okay Mitchell," a doctor stood in front of me and adjusted his head rest.

"Shit!" I slowly fell to the floor, clutching onto my stomach.

"Quick!" I looked up to see Martha standing over me.

"Mum?" Mitchell sounded confused.

"She's pregnant, quick!" Martha shouted.

****
_
X