"Della, come help Ash and I with a few more things and we'll be ready to eat." My mom tugs on my hand and I'm whisked away from Jonas.

My dad shouts "Hallelujah!" from his spot on the couch at the announcement of food being almost ready. Jonas stops in his tracks to watch a few seconds of the football game Mason and my dad are watching. Then, he follows me into the kitchen.

"Della, will you make the devilled eggs?" Mom asks of me. I give Ash a quick hug before making my way to the fridge to get the carton of eggs.

Once I grab a pot, I begin to boil the eggs. I take a seat beside Jonas at the dining room table because the eggs will take a few minutes. Jonas smiles at me when he looks up from his phone.

"I just beat the high score on Titans Crash." He looks back down on his phone and I just roll my eyes.

All of a sudden, I become very aware of the smell of boiled eggs and I get sick to my stomach. Jonas glances up and puts his hand on my arm. "Are you okay?" He whispers. I shake my head and run to the bathroom upstairs, hoping I won't throw up before I reach the bathroom. I throw the door open and puke over the toilet. I hear Jonas' footsteps coming up the steps and he rushes in to hold back my hair, rubbing my back at the same time.

"I'm okay now." I take a deep breath. Jonas helps me to my feet and leaves as I clean myself up. I can smell the food downstairs and I don't feel sick, but the second I smell the scent of eggs, I'm bolting for the trashcan.

"Food's ready!" I hear my mom call out. I splash cold water on my face and make my way downstairs. Everyone is circled around the table, holding hands, waiting for me. I stand between my mom and Jonas.

My dad starts off with a prayer and then everyone goes around and says something they're thankful for. It's tradition. When it gets to me, I freeze up. Do I share the good news now? No, I should wait until after dinner.

"I'm thankful for friends and family." I keep my eyes closed, as Jonas is the last person to go. He squeezes my hand before he speaks.

"I'm thankful for a new addition to the family."

My mom drops her hand from mine and everyone opens their eyes with a gasp. Jonas moves behind me, wrapping his arms around me in a tight embrace and smiling like a goof.

I smile sheepishly, "Surprise?"

Ash jumps up and down, her black dress bouncing with the motion. "You're pregnant?! Oh my gosh, you're going to be a mom!" She freezes in her place, "I'm going to be an aunt!" Ash and mom are the first ones to rush up and hug us, followed by dad and Mason giving Jonas a pat on the back.

A permanent smile spreads across my face. That wasn't so bad, Della. But I have no idea what I'm doing from here. The morning sickness, the migraines, the irritability - it's so much more than I thought I would have to handle. Not to mention, I'm scared I'll do something wrong. Being a mother is not an easy role to play.

Everyone has sat down to eat except me. I take my seat between Jonas and Ash and find myself picking at my food. Why am I so worried? We're going to be awesome parents. At least, Jonas will be. What if I don't live up to the expectations of being a good mom?

"I need some air." I dash out of the room again, but not because of the smell of eggs this time. Stepping outside onto the porch, I take a deep breath of fresh air to clear my mind. My first instinct is to go to the porch swing, and I follow through on that idea. My eyes close shut to keep myself at peace. I just need to be alone for a moment.

"You should know I'm not going to leave you alone." I don't need to open my eyes to know Jonas' voice. I sigh and scoot over for him to sit beside me.

"Sweetheart, why didn't you just tell me you were upset?" He takes a seat beside me.

I huff, "Like you couldn't read my mind?" I halfheartedly joke.

Jonas sits back in the swing, "I don't like to have to invade your thoughts just because you're afraid of speaking your mind. You shouldn't hide your fears from me, we're a team."

A small smile forms on my lips as I look back at him. Jonas grabs my hand, "There's no reason to be nervous. You're going to be a great mother," He pauses, seeming to be reading my mind, "Whether or not it's a boy or a girl. Whether or not it has powers. We're going to be amazing parents."

I feel a weight on my shoulders at the mention of super powers. "I don't know how to raise a child, let alone one with super powers. What if it doesn't have powers because I lost mine and messed up the genetics? What if-"

Jonas chuckles, "Del, you worry too much." He digs into his front jeans pocket. My curiousity growing, I lean back and put my chin on his shoulder. He pulls out his keys. For a second he just stares at the key ring.

"Remember when I gave you that lightning bolt charm?" Jonas rubs his fingers over the matching charm. I look down at the necklace I'm wearing.

"I never take it off." I grin and he smiles back at me sweetly.

"Well, I bought another matching charm when I found out you were pregnant," He reveals the other charm on his keychain. It's obviously much newer than ours and has a sparkle to it that ours doesn't anymore. At the same time, looking at Jonas' charm makes me feel warm on the inside. The lightning bolts were so important to us that they're worn down and dull after all these years. I wouldn't want it any other way. "We'll all be connected as a family."

I give him a kiss on the cheek, smiling like a fool as the cool breeze makes me snuggle closer to him. He kisses the top of my forehead and wraps his arms tight around me.

He gazes into my eyes. "I hope you know you can tell me anything. I love you, Della Coleman."

"I love you too, Jonas."

In that moment, I know home is in his arms. I know home is where Jonas and I will raise the most amazing child. I know home is where I'll always run to.

The end.