20

-

-

A week passed since the shapeshifter attack, and Sam had still not told Dean about what had happened because he had enough on his mind anyway and Sam just couldn't bare to make that worse. Morgan had been completely ignoring Dean, and he had no idea what he had done wrong, part of him thought it had something to do with what he had said on the roof, yet he just didn't understand.

It was a Friday morning, the three were eating at a diner when Dean's phone began to ring, he pulled it out of his pocket and answered the call with a simple "Yo." His mouth full of food, but his eyes widened almost immediately when he heard the voice on the other end of the line.

"D-Dean?" The small voice said. "Is that you?"

"Morgan?" His eyes widened as he had just had a huge light bulb moment, and so did Sam, his jaw clenching visibly as he swallowed. They had just understood everything from the past week, why Morgan had become cold, why she had kissed Sam and ignored Dean, because it wasn't her.

"Dean where have you been?" Her voice was shaky, and Dean sighed whilst Sam pulled an angel blade from his pocket and held it under the table, forcing the shifter to stay where she was.

"I've been such an idiot, we're coming. Where are you?" He asked, and she breathed a sigh which sounded like a breath of relief.

Suddenly, a piercing scream echoed down the phone and Dean stood up, his eyes widened. Sam looked up at his older brother, worry filling his expression before he glared at the shifter, the blade close to entering her thigh.

"The hell have you done to her?" Sam hissed, the silver tip digging into the shifters leg, which made it wince, before raising it's hands in defeat.

"Not me." It replied. "Lucifer."

"Sorry." Morgan muttered to Dean on the phone, gripping her head. "I've been going through this for a week, please hurry I can't even think straight. This is the first I have spoken in the past week, so I called you straight away."

"You still in those damn woods?" Dean asked.

"Hurry." She replied, and he sighed and obliged, before the all hurried outside, Sam forcing the shifter to follow. Once outside, and making sure no one was around, he plunged the silver into it's heart and Sam and Dean got inside the Impala and sped off.

It took 2 hours to get there, the entire time the brothers were in constant worry that Lucifer would get there before them, especially if he's been in contact with her for a week. Once they arrived, both of them ran off in different directions. Eventually, Sam came across her, she was crying on the floor and he instantly fell to the ground, hugging her and ensuring that she was okay. Dean then found them, and both of them helped her into the car, she was visibly weaker and less confident than she was last week and Dean knew exactly what to do.

"We need Cas." Dean informed his brother, who nodded.

"Hello." Cas said from the back seat, causing everyone in the Impala to jump, especially Morgan who was sat next to him. She smiled at Cas who's eyes widened once he saw the situation, she rested her head in his lap.

"Can you fix her?" Dean asked, watching in the rear-view mirror as she gripped her head in pain, he winced as he hated seeing her like this. Cas nodded in response, touching her forehead with two fingers, and suddenly Morgan sat u, before pulling Cas into a hug and thanking him.

"It's just a temporary fix, soon he'll come for you himself, that won't be so easy to prevent." Cas stated and she nodded, which was followed by a loud sigh, before resting her head back into his lap and falling asleep. It was the first proper sleep she had had in a week.

...

When Morgan woke up the next day, it was morning and she was in a motel room. Sitting up, she saw Dean sat at the end of the bed, tying up the laces to his combat boots, before seeing her and smiling.

"Morning kid, how you doing?" He asked, and she shrugged and smiled.

"I'm good, this week has been hell but I knew you'd come back. The shifter didn't make you suffer that bad did she?" Morgan asked, and he sighed shaking his head laughing.

"Let's just say it's not been easy. I was being ignored by you all week, and I found out by Sam yesterday that the shifter had kissed him and tried to seduce him. So, a pretty damn good week." He replied sarcastically, causing her to get out of bed and walk over to him, her arms pulling him into a hug.

"I'm sorry Dean." She whispered, before pulling away.

"What're you sorry for?" He asked. "We should've noticed, if we had, you wouldn't have been suffering all week like you were."

She shook her head. "It doesn't matter now, I'm okay."

"Yeah." Dean muttered. "Until Lucifer comes for you, then I don't know what we're supposed to do." She watched as Dean's expressions grew sad. "I can't lose you again."

She smiled slightly at the man in front of her, her hands holding his cheek as she forced his spectacular green eyes to look at her. He smiled, her thumb caressed his cheek ever so slightly.

"You can't get rid of me that easy Winchester." She teased, before letting go and heading into the bathroom to get changed, leaving him feeling slightly speechless, something that never happened to the elder Winchester, unless in the presence of Morgan Riggs.