"Oh, Percy," she whispered. "What's wrong?"

"I-I...can't," he said, letting out a sob.

Annabeth pulled him towards her and hugged him. He rested his head on her shoulder and cried softly.

"I'm sorry," he breathed, still hugging her.

"Why are you apologizing?" She asked.

"For breaking down," he said, letting out a dry chuckle.

"Hey," She said, cupping his face in her hands."it's fine,"

"Thank you," he whispered. "Do you want to know?"

"Percy, you don't have to," She said, smiling warmly at him. She knew what it felt like to keep somethings private. If he wasn't ready to open up to her there was no way she was gonna force him to.

"No, your my best friend. You deserve to know," he said. Annabeth prompted him to continue. "My m-mom, she-she passed away on Christmas Eve a few years ago. She had a heart attack. My d-dad left me once she died. I worked small jobs before I started modeling. So every Christmas I don't celebrate because it reminds me that I'll be celebrating while my mom- she-"

"I'm so sorry, Percy," she said, wiping away a tear from his face using her thumb. "And Percy, I know she wants you to be happy. So stop crying and let's celebrate her life,"

"O-okay," He said, a small smiling tugging at the sides of his lips. "Thank you, so much,"

"That's what friends are for," she said smiling.

Annabeth and Percy walked down the stairs towards the living room. Jason smiled when he saw Percy.

"Percy, dude!" He said, hugging him.

"Looks like someone missed me" he teased. Annabeth was glad he was joking, again.

***

The next morning Annabeth was woken up by Piper shaking her awake within a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Merry Christmas, sleepy head!" She beamed. "Come we have to open presents!"

"It's only 7:00," She grumbled, shifting her position on the bed.

"Come on," Piper whined. "Even Percy's up,"

"Fine I'm coming," she groaned, getting off the bed. Can she get any sleep?

When she came downstairs Malcom was running around Percy, Jason, Frank, Hazel and a few other people who were Percy's friends like - Nico, Will, Leo, Calypso, Reyna, Travis and Connor. She didn't know that well so she forgot get them present. And at their slightly apologetic expression she guessed they forgot, too.

"Hey, Annabeth!" Percy exclaimed. "Your brother sure is full of energy,"

Annabeth laughed and sat down next to everyone around the tree. Everyone exchanged their gifts - Piper got Annabeth an owl necklace while she got her a curling iron since she kept on complaining about her broken one, Jason got her a cute notebook while she got him a Superman onesie which she thought was appropriate, Frank got her earrings and she got him a huge teddy bear, Hazel got her a pair of new shoes while she got her a new camera did Malcom got her new boxing gear and she got him a few outfits which Percy had. Finally it was time for Percy and Annabeth to exchange gifts. She was really nervous whether or not he would like her gift.

"You go first," Percy said, nervously

"O-okay," She said, pulling out a small box from behind her.

He slowly took the box and started unwrapping it. He closed his eyes and opened the lid.

"You always talk about wanting to learn how to surf," she started, hesitantly. "So I decided to get you free surfing lessons. I know it's sucks bu-"

She was cut of by Percy hugging her.

"I love it," he said, smiling. "Thank you,"

"No problem," she said. "Your turn!"

"You might wanna go to the blue cheese room number 14 for your gift," He said, nervously.

She slowly got up and rushed towards the blue cheese room with rest of them trailing behind her. She flung the door open and was greeted by a small puppy. She/he had long black fur and its big puppy eyes were staring at her with its little tongue sticking out.

"Her name is Mrs.O'Leary," he said, nervously bouncing on his toes as he fiddled with his fingers.. "Do like her?"

"I don't like her," she said smirking causing Percy to frown. "I LOVE her!"

"Oh gods," he sighed in relief. "I thought you didn't want her,"

"As if, she is the cutest!" She said, squealed. "Thank you so much Percy,"

She hugged Percy and everyone 'awed'. She quickly let go and both Percy and her blushed. She picked up Mrs. O'Leary and held her close. She buried her flushed face Mrs. O'Leary's black fur and smiled.

On their way back Piper ran up to them and squealed.

"What?" Annabeth asked, confused. Sure Piper is excited about a lot of things but Annabeth is pretty sure there wasn't anything to squeal about at present situation.

"Mistletoe!" She sang, smirking. She jumped up and down pointing above them. Even Mrs. O'Leary let a a little bark.

Both Annabeth and Percy looked up to find a perfectly green Mistletoe above them. Percy looked at her a blush spreading across his face and he smiled sheepishly. She too now looked like tomato. Annabeth quickly pecked Percy on the cheek a small smile creeping it's way on both their flustered faces.

"That's not fair!" Piper whined, angrily stopping her foot on the ground and pouting.

Both Percy and Annabeth laughed and walked back to the living room lightly brushing their hands together. Annabeth smiled looking at her feet as she slipped her hand in Percy's.

Hey guys!
I know it's far from Christmas but I really felt like writing about it. Don't ask. And the important thing is...
I will be traveling for a few days which will make it difficult to post. I might try to update as soon as I get back or if I have time there. Really sorry but I might not be updating, soon.
(EDITED)
That's it...
Thanks a riptide for reading!