6

Jeno watched as the younger took off his white converses and placed his feet in the water beside him. His pristine locks hanging in front of his face as he looked down at the water, the faint blue light grazing his features.

Jeno couldn't help but smile at the sight. Jaemin had his attention the moment he saw the boy that afternoon in the that little ice cream shop. He had him bewildered at the mere grace he carried around him.

"Why aren't you inside with the others?" Jaemin asked, turning his face to look at him.
"I didn't want to third wheel with Renjun and Chenle, plus Haechan was too busy making out with some girl." Jeno explained to Jaemin who nodded.

"What about you? Why aren't you with the others?" The older questioned, gazing at his feet in the water.
"I couldn't find them." The younger shrugged.

A silence took over before Jeno spoke again, "You did good at the shoot today. I saw the crew was pleased."

"Thanks to you guys. I was dying with anxiety before we started." Jaemin laughed a little, swinging his feet in the water.

"Really? I didn't know. You should have told me, I would have helped." Jeno turned to him with a sincere smile. Jaemin smiled back and shook his head.

"It's ok I usually overreact." The younger said.

Jeno looked at him like he was the most exquisite thing on earth. The older had a soft smile placed upon his lips and his gaze was gently focused on the other.

"It's ok to overreact just don't beat yourself up over it." Jeno replied.
"Everyone does it, everyone gets anxious. It just happens." The dark haired boy added, looking back at the water.

The older then glanced at the younger and hesitantly placed his hand on the other's knee, gently squeezing it. Jaemin looked at him, unconsciously leaning towards him.

"Please tell me next time. I want to help." Jeno humbly spoke, turning to look at the caramel haired boy.
"Okay," Jaemin quietly nodded.
"thank you."
Jeno nodded in return, a smile still gently gracing his lips.

***

"Where is he? Where is he?" Haechan paced around the large house looking for a particular person. He was stopped in his tracks when a delicate hand wrapped around his bicep.

"Channie~ come sit with me! I haven't seen you in forever!" Vanessa, a girl he's known since diapers slurred in a clearly intoxicated state.

"Ness, have you been drinking?!" He shouted through a harsh whisper.

"Oh come on Channie, you've drunk alcohol before, I've seen you drunk." She giggled, leading him towards an unoccupied couch where she pulled him down to sit next to her.

"Yeah, but that was with a group of 5 people that I've known since I was able to speak." Haechan defended himself.
"You're surrounded by strangers Nessie."

"Stop worrying! You're younger than me for Christ sake, I should be worrying about you." She playfully punched him on the shoulder.

"Just be careful okay?" The younger frowned seriously at the other, in which she exaggeratedly nodded to show she completely understood, which Haechan truly doubted she did.

"Chill. Have some fun Channie." She frowned back.
"Here." She lifted a cup with a clear substance inside which strongly smelt that it was going to burn his throat from the inside out.
"Is this vodka?" The younger said looking into the cup and then at the brightly smiling girl seated beside him.
"What else?" She laughed like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"I'm not drinking this." Haechan shook his head. Vanessa pouted with a frown and hit the couch beneath her.
"Why not?" She whined.
"We can have fun."