1

Jaemin stood behind the counter writing random observations he made into his notepad. It was currently late afternoon and the golden light shun beautifully through the large windows of the ice cream store. Jaemin loved his golden hour shifts at the store. He loved the way the warm orange light touched the pastel colours of the furniture. He loved the soft hum of conversations made by people gathering on the peaceful spring afternoon.

Here is where he came up with most of his lyrics, in this wholesome and small ice cream store located on a quiet corner of the street.

He glanced up from his notepad towards the window. There, was a group of people, they were in awe at the elegant white and light pink roses that grew in front of the store. They hung off the windows in woven baskets and gave a welcoming aura to the shop.

Immediately the crew of people began ushering a boy to stand next to the flowers. His strong facial features did not match the soft petals of the roses. That was what Jaemin thought until the make up artist tickled his nose with a powder brush and his face sprouted a beautiful smile.

Jaemin unconsciously smiled when he saw the other smile. He had to get this down on paper. He wrote about the boy and his sharp features being bent and soften by something as simple as his smile. Not wanting to miss anything he immediately lifted his head after writing what he wanted to down.

The crew pointed their cameras at the boy in many different and interesting angles. They held fancy photography things and instructed him to pose in their desired poses.

After a few minutes of taking pictures of the boy and the flowers the crew began to look around the front some more. Eventually they succumbed to their curiosity and filtered their way inside the store.

Jaemin wiped his hands on the pastel rainbow apron he wore that matched the interior design of the shop and put his notepad and pen in the large pocket on the front of it.

A middle aged man carrying one of the probably expensive cameras made his way in front of the counter. Jaemin waited patiently for the man to read the menu and pick what he wanted. As he did the crew created a short queue behind the him.

After a minute the man picked what he wanted, his eyes still on the menu board above Jaemin.
"I would like the choc mint please" he politely asked. Jaemin nodded with a smile as he grabbed a cutely decorated cone and scooped the ice cream.
"One or two scoops?" He asked the man, the heartwarming smile still plastered on his face.

The man removed his gaze from the board and towards Jaemin. He was taken aback from the wonderful smile. Flustered, he giggled slightly saying that he wanted double scoops. He took his ice scream with a smile and sat down at one of the booths, preceding to look through the photos taken outside.

Jaemin made his way through each crew member as they ordered their ice creams until there was only two in the line, that being a man in a stunning suit and the boy. The man didn't lift his eyes from the screen of his phone as he ordered, probably having a generic favourite flavour that he always orders at every ice cream score.

"Espresso, one scope"
Jaemin didn't like the coldness of this man but he wasn't one to judge either. He made his order and held it out to the man.
"Here is your espresso, one scope ice cream, Sir" He smiled.

The man finally lifted his gaze and was stunned by the beauty of the boy in front of him.
"T-thank you" he grabbed his ice cream but before he left he had something to ask.
"Hey, what do you feel about modelling?" He questioned. Jaemin gave him a confused look.

Modelling? Him? Him modelling? No. It's not that he thought he was ugly, it's just that he wanted to mean more than just a pretty face.

The man gathered his confused look.
"I'm a modelling agent and scout for SM Inc. You've probably heard of us, we are the biggest fashion company in the world after all."
Of course Jaemin knew who SM was, he didn't live underneath a rock. He really didn't like this man. He was impolite and bragged but still Jaemin had no right to judge this man or anyone at that matter so he listened.

"I can see you are a little on the fence so, here is my personal business card" Jaemin politely accepted the card and the man returned to his phone.

He stared at the plain card that had the words 'Kim Hyunmin; SM modelling' and a phone number on the back. Jaemin put it in his pocket along with his notepad and return to the last customer.

The boy approached him with the smile he was admiring moments beforehand.
"You got scouted?" He said gesturing to the pocket which held the card.
"Yea but I probably won't take it" Jaemin replied, getting another decorated cone.
"Oh, if it's because you don't think you're good looking enough you are terribly wrong"
Jaemin smiled at the comment but shook his head.
"I just have another thing in mind that I want to do" he said pointing at the multiple different coloured ice creams in front of him, in which the boy pointed to the cookies n cream flavour.
"If you don't mind me asking. What do you want to do?"
Jaemin scooped the ice cream into the cone and handed it to him.
"I like writing lyrics and producing songs" He smiled as the dark haired boy grabbed his ice cream.
"Really? That's cool"
"Oh.. ha thanks I guess"
"Well if you do end up joining the company it would be great to work with you..." he glanced at the name tag on Jaemin's shirt with a smile.
"Jaemin" and with that the boy walked away from the counter.

Jaemin had taken this notepad out and continued to write little things about the boy whilst he was in the store. He way the boy said his name triggered his heart to sing a song. He couldn't stop his eyes from looking and his mind from thinking about him.

A frowned placed itself of Jaemin's lips once he saw the group of people stand up and begin to leave. The man in the suit glanced up from his phone for a second to smile and wave goodbye to Jaemin. Then the dark haired boy turned around and he smiled, waving goodbye as he walked through the door.

The boy played on his mind for the remainder of his shift and even when he got home. He didn't know what to do. So he opened his notepad and read the notes he had taken on him and began to write the emotions he was feeling. He then began to write a song, a song that was just the beginning of the journey he was going to go through.