7

Jaemin woke up to the familiar feeling of the expensive mattress underneath him. The modern interior of the large room was dimly lit with the morning light trying to burst through the thick grey curtains.

The brunette dreaded getting up from the comfy sheets of the spacious king bed. The blankets were warm underneath and smelt like an unfamiliar cologne. Whose cologne is that?

Jaemin frowned. He pressed his nose against the surface which his head had laid. It smelt great, like coffee and pine. A chubby side profile of Jeno greeted him once he lifted his gaze from the soft white fabric of the other's shirt. He had been laying with his head on Jeno's chest.

Umm... What? When? Where? Why? Oh yeah, that's right... I offered him to sleep in my bed because the lounge chairs and couches were littered with passed out drunk people. That means... if my memory doesn't mistake me.

Jaemin looked over his shoulder and saw Mark hugging the sheets as he huddle closely behind the younger, an arm loosely thrown over his waist. His checks were still swollen from last night and he assumed that if he were to wake him up his eyes would be red and swollen too.

Jaemin's heart sunk at the sight of his best friend. He did not like Vanessa one bit and he had plenty of reasons to do so. He despised what she did to Mark but he knew he couldn't do anything about it. So he always prayed that when they got invited to events like last night, that Mark would find someone new to love and pour his affection on, and they would accept and return it.

The brunette gently plucked Mark's arm from around him, determined not to wake him up. He then carefully manoeuvred his way out from between the two where he was peacefully snuggled in a cuddle sandwich.

Jeno groaned as he lazily opened his eyes, "Where are you going?"

"Breakfast" Jaemin smiled at the other. God he looked cute with his messy hair and scrunched up morning face.

"Just wait, I'm coming." Jeno mumbled as he placed his feet on the wool rug beneath the bed. The rubbed his eyes and looked back at the sheets where his knew friend was fast asleep between the blankets.

"Is he going to be okay?" He asked.

Jaemin turned from the door to the older on the bed, he nodded with a gentle smile, "Yeah, he always is. It's just that bitch that keeps playing with his feelings, but don't worry he'll get over her one day."

He exited the room quietly and went downstairs where the main kitchen was, Jeno following slowly behind.

The kitchen was three times the size of the bedroom and was located right next to one of the lounge rooms. Kun was making a butt load of bacon and eggs for the group that sat around the island sustained in the middle of the marble kitchen.

"Morning." Chenle spoke from where he was seated next to Renjun, his head on the older's shoulder and their fingers interlocked.

"Morning." Jeno groggily replied in his deep morning voice.

Jaemin and Jeno sat side by side on the edge of the island. They seemed to be the last ones to breakfast besides Mark of course.

Kun placed two plates full of bacon and eggs in front of them.

"Coffee, tea, orange juice... milk?" He questioned the new arrivals.

"Coffee please." Jeno replied again in his raspy voice.

"Me too, please." The brunette smiled at the Chinese.

Noise from the stairs interrupted the peaceful atmosphere of the kitchen as a couple came down. Soft giggles to harsh whispers to load laughs filled the room.