3

Jaemin awkwardly walked into the large building located in the middle of the busy city with his mum by his side. The tall metal structure had SM in bold red letters above the entrance and advertisements of the latest fashion on the sides. Many recognisable people wore the trendy clothing. They were SM's most popular models, Choi Minho, Irene, Amber Liu, Kim Jongin, Lee Taeyong and Ten.

Jaemin's eyes immediately found the glowing picture of Ten, his favourite SM model. His beautiful features had Jaemin adoring him the moment he saw the older in SM's summer catalog two years ago. He had to admit it, Ten had helped him a lot in figuring out his sexuality all those years ago.

When they were inside they saw numerous people running around like chickens with their heads out off. It was like one of those classic office scenes out of movies. They were carrying papers, folders, coffees and even animals, you name it, they had it.

Jaemin's mother swiftly made her way to the front desk like she owned the place and tapped the bell to get the attention of the young man behind the glossy furniture. When he didn't answer she looked at his name tag with a frowned and coughed loudly.
"Hello? hello! Mr Byun you are being very rude" the man lifted his head to the woman's piercing stare and his eyes bulged out in surprise.
"Oh my! I am so sorry ma'am I didn't-"
He quickly said, now giving his full attention to the woman in front of him.
"It is quite alright. I can see things are pretty busy in here."
"Yes, you are right." He replied looking back to his computer and returning his gaze back to Jaemin's mum, before asking politely, "Do you have an appointment today?"
"Yes, with Mr Kim Hyunmin."
"Modelling, hey? You'd have to be our oldest model yet." He mentioned, beginning to type something in to his computer.
"No, not me. My son, Na Jaemin."
She said fluttered. Jaemin sighed before being pushed to the desk by his mother's hand.
"Hi." Jaemin smiled at the other.
"Oh, I see." Mr Byun replied with a nod.

After the young man browsed his computer for a few seconds he finally spoke, "Mrs Na, 10:30?"
"Yes"Jaemin's mother brightly smiled to the boy.
"Ok, the 27th floor, the 3rd door on your right it'll say 'Mr Kim Hyunmin', knock, he'll be waiting for you. The elevators are over there." He said pointing across the room to where several elevators were.
"Thank you" Mrs Na smiled with a nod, pulling Jaemin with her as she left towards the elevators.

***

After the meeting was over and Mr Kim Hyunmin had gladly taken the signed modelling contract from Mrs Na, they were given a tour of the building and where Jaemin would be primarily working.

There was already a photoshoot happening when they arrived, the large room had a strong scent of coffee and looked like an IKEA with a flashing camera going off now and then. There were about a dozen of models in amongst the furniture. There was a small but quite beautiful boy in the sheets of the bed up against the window, he was accompanied with a honey-skinned boy hugging a pillow and a taller dark haired boy leaning against the bed frame which Jaemin couldn't see completely.

Jaemin and his mother were ushered up to the guy holding the camera at the trio on the bed. They waited a minute for the man to finish and then Mr Kim Hyunmin spoke, "Hello, Minghao. Can I have a minute?"
He smiled, turning in reply.
"His is Mrs Na and our new model, Na Jaemin." He introduced with a hand on Jaemin's left shoulder. Jaemin felt a little uncomfortable but smiled politely at Minghao.
"Oh, how old you are?" The other asked with a slight Chinese accent.
"I'm 18."
"You'll fit in just well with these boys over here." He smiled brightly.
"They're around the same age as you. They're apart of our 'models with a dream' group but everyone just calls them the dreamies. You'll probably be apart of the group also, because of your age. Here, let me introduce you. Renjun!" Minghao turned behind him where a little snack table was, everyone was currently on their break so all the models were eating.

The small pretty boy from before walked towards them staring curiously at Jaemin then Minghao.
"Yes, Hao?"
The older threw an arm over the younger with a smile and gestured towards Jaemin.
"This is Jaemin, his our new model. He'll most likely be modelling with you guys so take care of him."
Renjun smiled brightly at Jaemin and nodded, "Of course!"
"I'm Renjun and the two over there, they're Haechan and Jeno." He said, pointing to the two other boys he was modelling with earlier and are currently chatting/arguing over a piece of pastry.
"Haechan! Jeno! Come meet the new model." Minghao called the other two over. Jaemin felt his anxiety heighten as nearly every eye on the room was on him, they were all curious about the new model. Jaemin slightly put his head down, trying not to be rude. His mother gently rubbed his arm trying to calm him down, obviously sensing his anxiousness.

"This is Jaemin, he's 18 just like you guys." Minghao once again introduced him. Jaemin raised his head, ready to greet the boys with one of his trademark smiles but when he did his body completely froze, his eyes landing on the other in front of him. It was the boy from a week ago, the boy with the amazing smile.

Jaemin stood there for awhile in silence just staring at the other. Everyone felt awkward, except Jeno and Jaemin.

"I'm glad you took the offer." Jeno smiled at him.
"I almost wasn't going to." He lied.
"I'm Jeno by the way, I forgot to introduce myself the other day."
"I'm Jaemin, b-but you already know that because you read my name tag." Jaemin nervously blabbered.
"Cute." Jeno unconsciously mumbled to himself.
"And I'm Haechan. How do you guys know each other?" The honey-skinned boy chimed in, confusion written all over his face.
"We talked when he had a photoshoot at my work. That's when I got scouted." Jaemin explained.
"Oh, so you were street scouted? Makes sense." Haechan nodded into himself.
"What?" Jaemin asked.
"All the nice guys are street scouted." Renjun explained.

Whilst the conversation amongst the boys went ahead, Mr Kim, Minghao and Mrs Na had a discussion about when Jaemin would start working.
"He can't be here all the time, his got school, friends and a whole life he wants to pursue." Mrs Na told them before Mr Kim could say anything. Mrs Na had promised her son that he could still do his music and she knew how much her son loved it, so she was going to keep her promise.
"Okay, we have a dreamie photoshoot coming up next week. It's on a Friday afternoon." Minghao suggested, trying not to get on the fiery woman's bad side.
"Jaemin has a shift at the store, but I'm sure he can get someone to fill in for him." She nodded.
They all agreed with the terms and then left to their busy schedules.

Mrs Na walked back to the group of boys her son was conversing with.
"We're leaving now sweetie. Say goodbye and we'll talk at home about your first photoshoot."
Jaemin said his goodbyes, his heart aching just the slightest when he said goodbye to Jeno.
"I'll probably see you at our next photoshoot." Jeno smiled.
"Yea probably, it was nice to properly meet you." Jaemin laughed, Jeno automatically smiling back at the younger.
"You too. See you then." Jeno watched Jaemin as he left the room, his body falling into a slouch as he turned back to the snack table where his friends were.

"His cute." Renjun said with all honesty as he gathered his water bottle.
"You have a boyfriend." Haechan frowned at the Chinese.
"Just because I'm in a relationship, doesn't mean I'm blind to beauty."
"True, true." Haechan nodded in defeat.
"His smile is beautiful." Jeno said, staring at the plate of sandwiches in awe.
Haechan and Renjun looked at each, as if reading each other's minds.
"Mmm, has someone finally caught your eye Jeno." Renjun said with a shit eating grin.
"Has Romeo found Juliet?" Haechan pried, his arms hanging around Jeno whilst he looked him straight in the eye with the same grin Renjun was wearing.
"Oh, get off." Jeno shook the younger off him. The other two laughing at his response of their teasing.
"Jeno you can be really cute sometimes, you know." Renjun said pinching his cheeks playfully. Jeno just frowned while the two laughed at him.

_____________________

Yo, yo, wassup readers.
I've been kinda lazy lately but hopefully, hopefully I'll be able to get this show on the road.
I kinda want to start another story as well so if you guys wanna see what happens with that little nugget of an idea, stick around. It'll be Nct of course but I need help picking an au because I want to write an au fic. It's either:
• divergent
• skins or maybe the inbetweeners (the Brit tv series)
• wolf
• mutant
• hunger games
So please comment which one you think sounds groovy to you. It would help a lot. Okie, thank you!

Alrighty, let's pray I'll be back next week with an update...
Tootles readers.