14

"Can you guys just move a little bit closer?" Minghao requested, gesturing a shifting motion with his hand as his face seemed glued to the camera. People ran around like chickens with their heads cut off behind Minghao as other members of the crew ordered them to do tasks. Telling the makeup artists to touch up the models' makeup every now and then, poor Minnie hyung was about to collapse, and ordering the stylists to fix up little bits of their clothing as the models shifted positions.

"A-Ah, sure." Jaemin replied shuffling closer to Haechan to the point their faces were together. "Is this good?"

"Perfect!" Minghao grinned happily behind the mask of his beloved camera. "Okay now just tilt your heads up a little– yup, perfect! Stay like that."

Haechan did his iconic facial expression that made even the most uninterested of customers turn their heads. Jaemin wondered how he did it, he himself was still trying to find an expression that was prefect for him. Damn Haechan's half-open eye lids, little teeth peaking underneath this lips stare. Jaemin just kinda looked at the camera, hoping that he looked even semi-decent. Minghao seemed pleased though as he nodded to himself, his beaming grin hidden behind the camera.

"Junnie, why don't you hop in for me?" Minghao asked Renjun as he removed himself from his camera and looked at the younger Chinese. Renjun nodded with a smile before he stood up from where he was getting his hair prodded at. "Thanks, just right next to Haechan– yup, perfect! Now head tilted upwards like theirs's. Okay, stay like that."

To the side Jeno was having his solo shots taken. Jaemin wanted to turn to look at him but the thought of looking at Jeno made his insides freeze with a tingling sensation, like someone had poured warm water down his back. It made him want to hide from Jeno's sight like he was... shy. Especially because now Jeno knows he thinks he's charming. He wished he had never told him, that he could take back what he had said when he went inside, because what if Jeno didn't like him in that way. What if Jeno thought he was he a friend, put him in the bro zone. He knows Jeno thinks he is cute and has showed some type of interest but maybe it wasn't the one Jaemin was looking for. Although, Jeno did kiss his cheek and Jeno knows full well that Jaemin is gay. He wouldn't do that unless he liked him right? Maybe it was the way he was raised, some people kiss their friends on the cheek, or was the thought maybe a little too far-fetched? Maybe, but it was still a possibility and Jaemin wasn't going to get his hopes high on the thought he might not be, because in situations like this, where his feelings were on the line, risking it for the biscuit is not the answer.

"Hey, how about we wrap this up?" Chen hyung told Minghao as he tapped the watch on his wrist that probably cost more than half of the things on set. "We got a meeting in ten."

Minghao nodded sternly after turning back to snap a couple more pictures. When he was satisfied with what he got, he dismissed them.

"Hey, you guys want to grab dinner together?" Haechan suggested as they walked out of the building together, the summer breeze from that afternoon still lingering in the air as it welcomed them. It was still quite busy as the street was full of people walking around minding their own business as they passed them. Most of them had their phone screens stuck to their faces or were talking amongst themselves. The light from shop windows and street lights shredded their glow onto the street as by passers paid them no mind.

"Yeah sure, I'll just text my dad." Jeno agreed as he pulled out his phone and proceeded to text his father. Jaemin nodded as he did the same.

"What about you, Renjun?" Haechan asked the Chinese beside him who was pulling out his car keys from his pocket.

Renjun frowned apologetically at his friend, "Sorry, I can't. I'm going to China with Chenle early in the morning. We're going to his cousin's wedding and celebrating our six months anniversary while we're there too. I'm probably going to go straight to bed when I get home. Our flights at five."