12

Jeno was currently roaming around Jaemin's bedroom as he waited for the other to come back into the room, Jaemin was changing in the bathroom across the hall.

The two of them agreed to meet up before Mark's party, resulting in Jeno going over to Jaemin's house an hour prior. He knew he was going to spend the night by his side, but he wanted to have an extra hour where it was just exclusively him and Jaemin.

His eyes grazed along the wooden surface of Jaemin's desk. It was neat but messy at the same time. His pens and rulers were neatly arranged into a plain mug, and a cup of coffee sat cold on a clean coaster. However, numerous textbooks and papers littered the main surface of the desk, a few scrunched up balls of paper here and there, including a notepad he had seen before. His mind scrambled for the memory that held the small object in it. A gasp of realisation left his lips as he reminisced the event.

The golden rays of sunlight, the beautiful flowers at the store front, the pastel colours of the interior once they entered inside, the welcoming conversations of guests enjoying their afternoon, the sweet smell of well-made ice cream. The captivating stranger behind the counter, that wide and beaming smile that caused him so much attention that afternoon. He was like someone who had walked straight out of a dream. His dream, his past dreams, his present dreams, his future dreams. Jeno could only describe Jaemin as his dream. His mind's willpower all combined to make a boy, a boy who dominated his thoughts, his days, his nights, his dreams.

Jeno jumped, quickly reeling back away from the desk as he heard Jaemin enter the room smiling. He looked magnificent. Loose ankle jeans, a baggy seater slightly tucked in, the same white high tops he wore at Chenle's party, peach hair somewhat messy and the subtlest bit of eyeshadow on his lids, the same shade of peach.

Jeno awkwardly coughed as he looked away from the younger, "Y-yeah nice... you look nice."

"Thank you." Jaemin laughed, approaching the other. "We should probably go now, it's already eight"

"Yeah, you're right."

They decided to walk to Mark's, they didn't want to be dropped off to a party by Jaemin's father. Especially, knowing Johnny, there'd be alcohol.

It was slightly chilly outside, but the summer heat still lingered in the air. Jaemin and Jeno walked side by side occasionally their shoulders would meet and their hands would brush together. Jaemin was going on about his favourite artists and how much he admired their music. Jeno just watched the boy frail his arms dramatically in front of him as he continued to walk, looking at Jeno every now and then to make sure he was listening. Jeno couldn't help but smile at him, he was just so, damn, cute. He would hum and nod at Jaemin when he looked at him, it only egged the other into talking more passionately.

"I swear," Jaemin began, "he is so unique in the way he communicates his feelings. It's like..." He gestured his hands as his brain was scrambling through his vocabulary to find the right words.

"It's like you're in his body with him, feeling everything he does. It's amazing." Jaemin looked at Jeno, trying to see if he understood or not. Jeno nodded as he looked into Jaemin's eyes that held so much passion it captivated him.

Jaemin grinned broadly. Jeno understood him, he understood what he was trying to say even though he himself didn't even know what he was saying. Jaemin looked back to the street ahead of them. "There it is."

"What?"

"Mark's house." The younger replied pointing to the house at the end of the street. The faint sound of pop music could be heard as the two got closer.

They both walked into the large house together and were bombarded with strangers walking pass, some dancing or running. The shouts and laughter of the crowd mumbled the music as everyone talked. The teenagers held cans or bottles in their hands, they both knew what it was, alcohol.