8

Jaemin stared at the random notes he had dotted down on his notepad. It was a Sunday and he was currently thinking of lyrics but he just couldn't get that black haired boy out of his head and it was starting to annoy him. He didn't like writing love songs, there was already a surplus of them but he felt drawn to do so. He got up from his bed and looked out the window. From where his bedroom was upstairs, he could see a park just outside where families were playing out in the beautiful spring weather. He sat down on the window seat and gathered one of his white fluffy cushions and placed it over his crossed legs. His whole room was white except for the dark polished wood floor, the light blue rug and curtains, and the bright yellow ascents of his doona cover and a few cushions that were also placed on his window seat.

I guess today was the day he would write a love song.

He put his notepad on the cushion and started flicking through the full pages until he found the notes he wrote down the first day he met Jeno.

"I am enslaved by the smile of a stranger." He read out from the frail page. He laughed quietly at the corniness, but it was true. He remembered how mesmerised he was when he saw the older's smile, his own wants to burst out just by the thought. These past few days it seems to be that his smile is nearly always inspired by Jeno's.

"Okay, I can work with that." He nodded to himself.

He begin to write the rap and then the chorus and bridge. He never felt comfortable singing and that was okay. He always invited Chenle over to do the singing, sometimes he'd even get Johnny or Jaehyun to do it.

Thinking out loud, he whispered to himself, "I am enslaved by the smile of a stranger, I can't get his face out of my mind, is my heart is in danger?" He frowned to himself, he didn't know how he felt about it.

He wrote it down before he read it again, "Okay, nope." He scrunched it up and through it towards his trashcan on the other side of the room. He missed as it leaded on his desk instead with a light crunching sound.

His phone began to buzz just as he was about to think of another lyric. Pulling his phone out from his shorts pocket, he looked at the face displayed on the screen. An adorable picture of Jisung wrapped up in one of his blankets on Chenle's couch appeared on the screen, it was from the Chinese's previous birthday. The event held a special place in Jaemin's heart, as did all of their birthday parties.

"Yo Jisungie, what's up?" He answered.

"I'm bored, can I come over?" The other said from across the line.

"Sure."

"Okay, see you in a bit."

They both hung up and Jaemin was once again left pondering lyric options until he was happy with one, he was picky when it came to his lyrics.

After about ten minutes the younger arrived at Jaemin's house. He knocked on the door before entering, a habitat he had learnt from a terrible mistake he made when he walked in on Mark.

"Hey, what you doing?" He smiled as he sat down next to the other.

Jaemin looked up ready to greet the younger but was taken aback.

"Your hair is orange."

"I know, I look great don't I?"

"Yeah, not too bad."

"Yeah, not too bad? What is that supposed to mean?"

"You look good don't worry."

"I know, thank you."

Jaemin smiled as he shook his head at the younger, what a strange one he was.

"Hey can you help me with my lyrics? I'm writing a love song and they all sound too corny." Jaemin frowned at the Jisung.

Boys & Flowers | NominOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara