17

A soft, muted 'vzzzzzt' rumbled from the bedside table, rattling loudly throughout the silent room. The disturbance caused Jaemin to release an annoyed groan from where he laid once asleep in his soft yellow sheets. The imminent light fighting through the curtains only urged him to crawl further underneath the covers.

"Come on, my beautiful butterfly." Mrs Na chimed as she entered the room, walking straight to the curtains and condemning her son to wake up. "You have school and I've done the favour of making you breakfast this morning."

"Okay, okay." Jaemin groaned as his mother left the room and went back down stairs once again. He rolled over to his phone on the bedside table and squinted as he tried reading the notifications, a groggy smile lifting his cheeks as he read the good morning message Jeno had sent him a minute ago. He quickly replied with a dopey photo and good morning message attached.

Jaemin then stretched whilst getting out of bed, a skill he has developed over the past years. He then quickly made his bed, patting down the yellow fabric until it was smooth and placing the numerous pillows that Jisung always said he had too many of. He quickly changed into his school uniform he had gotten out of his wardrobe last night and went downstairs to his awaited toast and coffee.

"You're going to be late if you don't hurry." His father told him, handing him his lunch.

Jaemin nodded in reply, hurrying to finish his breakfast before he rushed out the door. He practically ran down the street as he made his way to school. As he arrived at the gates the bell rang throughout the area. Jisung and Chenle laughed at him from where they stood just in front of the entrance. Jaemin is fully aware he does not look the finest right now, having just inhaled his breakfast than ran to school.

Jaemin approached the trio waiting for him at the entrance. Mark chuckled lightly as he straightened out the younger's blazer, "Rough morning?"

"Him and Jeno were probably going at it this morning." Chenle grinned mischievously. Jisung joined him, smirking as he agreeably nudged the other. Chenle clicked his fingers at Jisung and gave him a knowing wink.

"You two are nasty." Jaemin scuffed. "Jeno didn't even stay over."

"Oh, but you wanted him to." Jisung wiggled his brows at the older.

Jaemin smirked at him, "Just as much as you want to date Jeongin. How is that going by the way?"

Mark started to cackled at the stark comment while Jisung glared at the older, "Shut up. I'm getting there."

Jaemin pinched the younger's cheek with a cute wiggle, "Aww, Jisungie. It'll happen one day."

Jisung scuffed as he flicked Jaemin's hand off him, "Yeah, yeah, I get it Juliet. You have a boyfriend and I don't."

"Come on, let's just go before we're late to class." Mark said as he ushered them into the building like a sheepdog would to sheep.

Most of the day was just handing in assignments or getting their results back from exams they did the week prior. When lunchtime finally came around, Mark and Jaemin waited for the others at their usual bench where they ate. It was comfortably silent until Mark awkwardly coughed, obviously having something on his mind that he wanted to voice out.

"What is it? Vanessa? I thought you were done with her-" Jaemin started.

"I am, I am, trust me. I just... I like someone and I don't know how to tell them." Mark said as he picked at his sandwich.

"It's Haechannie, isn't it?" Jaemin smiled at his best friend.

"How'd you know?" Mark questioned with his mouth agape.