16

"Okay," Jeno heard Jaemin say, a tight blindfold stopping him from seeing anything. The younger was currently taking him out on a date and didn't want Jeno to know where until he said so. "You can take it off now."

As he took the blindfold off he saw Jaemin wrap a pastel rainbow apron around his waist. He has seen that apron before. Looking around he had seen everything before. The pastel furniture, the array of different ice creams, the baskets outside the windows that held the most beautiful roses. It was the ice cream store. 

"What would you like, sir?" Jaemin smiled from behind the counter. There wasn't anybody in the store as it closed a while ago. The golden light that usually shun through the windows was replaced by the dark blue shade of the evening. 

Jeno grinned widely as he approached the counter, "Can I have you?"

"No, sorry." Jaemin laughed, "I'm afraid we don't have that flavour."

Jeno jokingly frowned, "What a shame. It's my favourite."

"Well, I can go check if we have any in storage." Jaemin smirked as he walked around the counter to Jeno. He then wrapped his arms around Jeno's neck and smiled against his lips. "Oh, it looks like we do have some."

"Since when did you become so confident?" Jeno laughed, pressing a simple peck against the younger's lips. "You used to stumble over your words when I flirted with you."

"But that was different." Jaemin said, "You weren't my boyfriend back then."

"That I wasn't." Jeno agreed, stealing another kiss before Jaemin went back behind the counter.

"Now." Jaemin started looking down at the rainbow of ice creams, "I'm serious, what would you like? Chenle's sister said it's on the house as long as we don't go crazy."

Jeno leaned forward and peered through the glass at all the flavours, "Um, coconut and guava, please Jaemin-ah."

"Oh." Jaemin chuckled as he started scooping the ice cream flavours into a cone. "How tropical of you."

"It just reminds me... of you actually." Jeno made eye contact with Jaemin through the glass, "The coconut is as flawless as your skin and the guava is like your soft hair and perfect lips."

Jaemin flushed completely as Jeno's words went straight to his heart. He looked back down at the ice cream in his hand, hiding his flusteredness amongst his fluffy sweater. 

Jeno laughed endearingly at the younger's response, "Where did that confidence from before go?"

"Here's your ice cream." Jaemin said instead of answering the question. Holding out his hand for Jeno to take his ice cream. Jeno took the ice cream from the flustered boy with a chuckle. "Go choose a seat. I'll be over after I get my own ice cream."

Jeno looked around the store once again to find the perfect spot to sit. His eyes stopped when they landed on the table beside the store's front window, the white and pink roses glowing orange slightly because of the street light. He walked over to the table and sat down, watching Jaemin take his apron off from across the room. 

All the artificial lights hanging off the ceiling have nothing on Jaemin's ethereal glow. His mere presence was like looking up at the sun, let alone when he flashed a timid smile. The action seemed so simple yet to Jeno it was like a supernova occurring right in front of him, radiating an overwhelming amount of warmth and energy. It felt like it was heating up his cells and exploding his insides, like a bag of popcorn in a microwave. Jeno's heart is the popcorn and Jaemin and everything that he is, is the microwave.

"What are you looking at?" Jaemin frowned as he sat down across from him. He wiped his finger on his cheek and checked it, "Do I have something on my face?"

"I'm trying to figure out if you're really human or a galactic phenomenon." Jeno said, still admiring the younger and the explosions he set off in he's chest. Jaemin frowned at him, completely confused on what the brunette was talking about. 

"What?" The younger questioned, snapping Jeno out of he's trance. 

Jeno shook his head softly, "N-Nothing."

"Oh, okay." Jaemin said, his face lighting up when he remembered he had something to ask, "Umm, so Mark, Jisung, Chenle and a few of the hyungs, we usually go to Mark and Johnny hyung's family lake house for two weeks during the break and... um... well um... I-I was wondering if you'd like to come with us this year? Mark will probably invite Haechan, if he hasn't already so you won't be the only new one. Oh! And Ten and Taeyong hyung is coming too. B-But I totally understand if you have other plans, we can go somewhere else another time–"

"Jaemin-ah." Jeno's soft voice flooding with admiration stopped the younger mid-ramble. "I'd love to go with you and the others to the lake house. It sounds fun."

Jaemin nodded eagerly at the reply, "Oh, it is fun. Trust me."

"I trust you, don't worry." Jeno laughed, wiping the stray drip of ice cream on the side of Jaemin's glossy lips. "Two weeks with you sounds like nirvana."  

Should i request a new cover for this book?

It's just looking a bit out of place with my other book covers