9

"Raise and shine my little butterfly." Mrs Na sang as she entered her son's room, spreading the pale blue curtains aside. Jaemin groaned, the harsh morning light obstructing his peaceful slumber. He rolled his body until his back was facing the window, pulling the covers over his head in attempt to escape from the light. His mum began to leave the room as she softly spoke, "C'mon Nana, breakfast is ready downstairs... if you don't hurry up your coffee is going to be cold."

After contemplating for about three minutes he left his bed with a depressed sigh. He wasn't too keen on having cold coffee.

The carpeted stairs made no sound as he made his way down. He was grateful for the soft flooring because his feet were always sensitive in morning. He did hate how he couldn't hear his mum when she came up stairs though. She's a very open person and isn't very familiar with privacy.

Jaemin sat comfortably at the dinner table. He wrapped his hand around the glazed porcelain of his favourite mug, smiling when the warm welcomed his palm. He lifted it to his lips and let the bitter substance roll down his throat. Exhaling with contentment as he placed his mug back on his table, he grabbed a piece of toast and proceeded to eat it.

He hadn't realised his mother was sitting next to him scrolling through her phone until she squealed with excitement. "Nana look, the catalogue with your photo shoot was released thirty minutes ago."

"Really?" Jaemin lifted his head from his toast as his mother showed him her phone screen.

"Wow you look good. They did a great job." His mother scrolled through the various photos. She pointed her finger at his friends, "Who is this boy hugging you? His skin is very nice."

"That's Haechan." He replied with a smile.

"And who is this one? The small pretty one?" She asked pointing to a boy laying down on grass, his eyes closed as he smiled with a joyful expression.

"Actually that's Chenle's boyfriend Renjun. He's also Chinese." Jaemin informed his mother in which she lifted her eyebrows in surprise.

"So he wasn't imaginary?" He smiled as he shook his head. "Oh... well good on little Chenle. He's quite the fine catch. I'll have to congratulate him the next time I see him."

He laughed quietly as he shook his head at his mum's words. He began to continue to eat his forgotten toast but stopped when his mother began to speak again, "Wow he is very handsome, huh? Styled black hair, large shoulders, strong jawline..." She continued to list the traits that were all far too familiar to Jaemin.

"What's his name?" She once again presented her phone screen to him. A photo a Jeno was displayed. He was turned slightly away from the camera, his muscular arms standing out at the favourable angle. He held the bright beach ball under his arm as his gaze was focused on the sunset in the background. He was absolutely breathtaking.

"J-jeno, his name is Jeno." Jaemin stuttered, pulling his gaze away from the screen. His mother hadn't realise his behaviour as she hummed and nodded her head, having another look at the picture before continue to scroll through her feed.

When Jaemin was finished eating his breakfast he stood up and left the table. He placed his dishes in the sink then proceeded to go back upstairs and get ready for school.

The corridor broke out into soft whispers and subtle gestures once Jaemin entered the school halls. He lowered his head and clenched his bag straps as he walked to his locker on the other side of the building. He never responded well to attention, though many people thought he thrived of it because of his good looks. Little did they know his personality was the complete opposite of what they stereotyped him to be.