Tempting Fate

I took a deep breath as I brushed through my hair staring at myself in the mirror.
I wore a light blue shirt with my leather jacket over it and dark blue jeans.
After I braided a small braid along the side of my face, I pulled on my leather jacket and gloves. Next was my black beanie over my hair and I pulled it back so the braid in my hair could still be seen.
Then I picked up a scarf that swirled between blue and purple and wrapped it around my neck. The trees outside my house swayed in the autumn breeze, I could see them outside the opened bathroom door and through the window in my dad's room. He'd left his door open Incase I tried to leave without saying goodbye, he was asleep on his bed laying on his stomach snoring loudly.
I smiled at him before putting on some lip gloss. After I was finished with that I put on some sneakers. Flats would have looked better with the outfit but if I planned to run, these would give me a good boost. I may not be able to shift, but I was still as fast as any other wolf, maybe even a little faster. That was my talent after all, and that was my advantage. I knew the Alpha's talent was strength, he prided himself in it and it was the talent of his father and grandfather.
I sighed at my reflection, I looked nice, but I wasn't trying for the Alpha. I was going to his home, I would see a lot of higher ups and if I could not be a disgust in their eyes then perhaps I'd survive these next few days. They weren't uncivilized, just insane. Like those crazy rich people I'd read about online.
Yes, we have internet, we aren't savages. Our pack is actually quite wealthy, otherwise my dad and I wouldn't have any electronic luxuries. I still don't have a phone of my own, just a tablet, and I was saving up for a laptop. But I wouldn't bring any money with me, it'd be too easy to steal over there.
There was a knock at the door and my father awoke at the sound.
I looked over at him and we made eye contact.
He quickly got up and walked over to me, hugging me tight.
I walked to the front door where as he went back into his room and shut the door.
My father didn't want to look at the Alpha even if he could look him straight in the eyes and glare. That's what the Omega's cowardice did to wolves.
I opened the door and came face to face with the b****** right at that moment and looked him straight in the eyes.
He seemed to be glaring at me though his lips held a smile.
"Nice to see you, are you ready?" He asked and I glanced behind him. His friends from before were with him. They were human but I recognized their scents of clove and bark. There was another, a new comer. He had red hair and dark brown eyes with pasty skin. He looked more like a vampire than a werewolf, but I didn't say anything and looked back at the Alpha.
I only nodded and held my tongue. If I had said what I wanted to at that moment the new comer would have slit my throat.
The Alpha seemed a bit disappointed that I hadn't snapped at him or anything, but I just walked passed him without so much as brushing his arm.
The Werevamp tilted his head at me curiously as I walked out with my hands in my pockets and a small bag over my shoulder.
I may be invited to the Alpha's home, but I was almost positive I'd have to feed and cloth myself as I wasn't really a guest.
"So much leather." One of the Alpha's friend's commented, but I didn't even glance at him waiting for the group to start moving.
The Alpha would lead and I would be in the back, it's just how it went. Though I didn't mind it. I usually hung to the back making it look as if I was a slow person.
But this startled me, the Alpha grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me to the front.
Every person in this group was well aware that I was an Omega, and and every person including myself stared at the Alpha with a look of surprise and discomfort.
The Alpha rose a brow.
"If you're uncomfortable you can head back on your own." He told them and his two friends from earlier simply shifted and ran back.
The Alpha looked at the red head.
"We'll be heading back without shifting." He told him, but the werevamp only nodded.
He then walked along with me by his side. I felt sweat trickle down the side of my face.
What was he doing?
I looked around us at the trees, but they were perfectly calm other than the soft breeze pushing passed the leaves.
I inhaled a deep breath before catching a scent.
It peeked my interest but I didn't show it, it smelled nice. But it didn't match the Alpha's scent. I glanced at the red head behind me curiously and he looked back at me curiously before I looked ahead of me to avoid making the dark haired brat in front of me suspicious.
Then suddenly the Alpha stopped and put an arm in front of me to make me stop. I stopped when he had so his arm didn't touch me as I looked around with a frown.
I had felt someone watching us ever since I stepped out of my house, but now that it had disappeared out of sight we all heard rustling.
My eyes widened at the sight of several more wolves pushing passed the bushes into the road surrounding us.
Rouges.