Jisoo heaved out a tired sigh.

Jisoo: I-I just feel so lost these days Chaeng, nothing ever seems to go right anymore. I decided to marry Jennie in order to protect her, but yet I'm the one separating her  from the man that she loves. I offered to pay for Jaehyun's hospital fees and surgery, but what's the point if there's no heart to operate on? I want to keep fighting... for you, for Changmin oppa, for Suho oppa... for Jennie.... But it seems that the days that I'm still alive are the days that I hurt you guys even more. You guys are always stressing over my illness day by day, you've all been searching nonstop for 4 years for a donor for my heart... and Jennie, if I disappear then she would finally have me out of her life for good. And she'll be able to be with Hanbin... I'm just a burden to all of you.

Chaeyoung wiped the tears that had fallen down her face.

Chaeyoung: So this is what you've been thinking? That you're a burden to us?

She hated the fact that Jisoo thought of herself as a burden to everyone around her. The older girl is the most kind-hearted person she knows. Even though it seems as if the universe is against her, the latter had always somehow managed to fight through every single obstacle thrown her way.

Seeing her friend like this only made Chaeyoung's heartache. Jisoo remained quiet, not answering Chaeyoung's questions. But the younger girl knew from the pit of her stomach that she was right.

That despite Jisoo's strong-willed nature and cheerful smile, it was all just a facade in order to hide what she has always thought of herself. Chaeyoung approached the older and placed her hands on top of Jisoo's shoulders.

Chaeyoung: You are not a burden Kim Jisoo. You hear me? You are my best friend, my sister. And if you think that I'm just gonna let you die, then you are out of your mind. I would do anything, if it means that you would get to live and remain by my side.

At sound of Chaeyoung's words, Jisoo realizes that she was being selfish. Selfish for placing her own worries on Chaeyoung. The younger shouldn't be wasting her time worrying about Jisoo, she has her own life to live.

Pushing away her thoughts, Jisoo plastered a smile on her face.

Jisoo: You're right Chaeyoung-ah, what on Earth was I thinking?

Faking a laugh, Jisoo pretended to act like nothing had happened.

Jisoo: Come on, we should get going before the shops start closing.

Chaeyoung on the other hand was still on edge. There was no way that Jisoo would just forget about everything. She knew that the older girl was still harboring these feelings within her heart and had only brushed them aside for Chaeyoung's sake.

But seeing how the older girl insisted on pretending that everything was normal, Chaeyoung could only give in to her silent plea. She smiled to Jisoo and followed her out of the room, making a mental note to herself to pay more attention to the friend's health.

•••

Jennie made her way through the airport. Today was the day that Lisa would return from her business trip and Jennie just couldn't wait to see her best friend again.

Throughout the years, Lisa and her have developed a sister-like bond, spending one day without the younger was already unbearable for Jennie.

Lisa being away for 1 whole week was definitely a whole week of absolute torture.

Not to mention the fact that she had to go through wedding preparations with none other than Jisoo and her red headed friend who wouldn't stop throwing her dirty looks every time they meet.