Reactions

I look up and see a montage of different expressions. Some surprise, some shock, more than a few staring and thinking. Some have tears of shame and some tears of joy. Orenda's voice booms, "Dinner is served."

After a delightful dinner and dessert, I visit orphans, spending time with all of them. Azadah gives me a big hug, "You are best teacher." Some injured orphans, weak and growing tired, are soon heading back to hospital rooms.

For most of our evening, my girls follow me making rounds to see orphans. Jess often tells them about her new suite with Madge. Girls introduce me to new aids, medics, counsellors and instructors they met.

The counselling office manager thanks me for the prompt service. She explains that her counselling facility expanded dramatically. Most guests keep their distance.

We arrive on our floor about ten, each heading for our own suites. I sit on my balcony, watching stars for a while.

I continue to wonder why more than a few people seem to be trying to make me into something I am not. They mold a public perception of me and seem to try to protect me. I look as if I personally collected people to direct them. This is intentional by my friends and others. Why? Is there something else going on I have missed? Is this a power play among my new friends with others playing the game? I am not the leader that they portray. Sleep comes quick.