26

"Do you want me to come with you or do you want to go alone?" I ask setting the plates down on the table.

"Uhhhh.... come with," he decides

"Okay, lets go then," I laugh as I pick him and make make my way back to the bedroom where Chris is still sleeping.

"Chrisss!" Cal yells as we enter the room, he practically jumps out of my arms and runs to the still sleeping Chris only to be defeated by the bed he still can't quite climb up on to on  his own. "Mama, help!" He shouts, laughing uncontrollably.

"Okay, okay," I smile.

"Chris!!" Cal shouts as he pokes Chris' nose, the way I used to wake Cal up when he was a baby.

"Huh? Oh hey bud," Chris yawns as me messes up Cal's hair.

"Yay! He's awake! Breakfast time!" Cal laughs as he jumps off the bed, well falls off and runs back to me, stretching out his arms to be picked up.

"We'll be downstairs" I say to Chris, wanting to give him some alone time to get ready. I pick Cal up and make my way to the stairs.

"See you then," he chuckles.

"What'd I miss?" Chris says making his way over to where Cal and I are sitting.

"Nothing much, just talking," I laugh

"About what?" He chuckles turning to Cal.

"Hmmm no," Cal says turning back to me.

"What why can't you tell me?"

"Because... I say so," Cal replies proudly.

"Fine, fine I see how it is," Chris laughs as he sits down. "Heard anything else from... you know who?"

"Blake? He isn't Voldemort, you can say his name ya'know and no I haven't heard anything else.." I say looking down at the empty plate I have in front of me.

"Who's Blake, mama?" Cal asks, his eyebrow furrowed.

"Blake is your father, remember? The man you met last week." I answer.

"Ohhhh yeah I remember... I don't wanna stay with him, Chris can be my new daddy!" He says, getting excited about that last part.

"Well, I mean... that's uhh, Chris a little help??" I say through my teeth.

"If that's what Cal thinks of me, so be it. I don't mind, Mel I really don't.. unless you have a problem with it then-"

"No, no I don't have a problem with it I just wasn't sure if it was okay with you... and because Chris agrees, Sure baby, Chris can be 'your new daddy'" I laugh, causing them both to laugh as well.

"Yay!" Cal cheers "so can I call you that?"

"Sure, bud," Chris smiles, nothing but pure joy in his eyes.

"I have a mama AND a daddy!!!!" Cal screams, the most adorable smile I have ever seen on his face and his eyes glowing with pure excitement.

"I love you mama, I love you daddy!!" He giggles as he stretches out his arms wanting to be hugged by both of us.

"I love you, too" Chris and I reply I'm unison. We both lean over to hug Cal, causing everyone to burst out laughing yet again.

These are the days that make everything worth it, the days of happiness and laughter.