17

I had just finished getting changed when the door opened and Chris entered the room.

"Cal's still asleep" He says as he walked over to me and wraps his hands around my waist.

"For now, oh by the way, he comes into my room and lays with me every night." I say, worried that he would change his mind because of it.

"I know, Mel and I can tell you're worried. I'm not going to change my mind just because Cal sleeps in your bed" he chuckles. A sense of relief flooded over me.

"Okay, well you might want to go get changed."

"I already have, these are my pjs" He laughs quietly

"Oh yeah, right. Sorry I didn't realise" I yawn.

"Let's get you to bed" He says as he picks me up bridle style and carries me over to the bed. He lays me down on my side of the bed then makes his way to the opposite side and gets under the covers.

"Your bed is comfy" he whispers as he pulls me closer.

"That's why I picked it" I yawn again

"That makes sense" He laughs. "Goodnight" he adds

"Mmhmm" I reply, barely able to stay awake.

————————————
Chris POV-

I wake up at 2am to Cal walking into the room and making his way to Melissa's side.

"Mama" he whispers with his eyes less than half open causing Melissa to groan and roll over to acknowledge the little boy.

"Hey baby" she says while half asleep.

"I can't sleep" he whines

"I know, baby. Come lay with mama and Chris" Melissa says as she moved away from me to make room for Cal to lay in between us, which I wasn't mad about. Cal then crawls up onto the bed and over Melissa to get to the middle. He snuggles into the covers and falls back asleep almost immediately with Melissa stroking his hair.

"I'm sorry" Melissa whispers, not wanting to wake her son up again.

"For what?" I whisper back

"For this, I'm sorry that you have to fill the space of father in his life. Having a girlfriend shouldn't mean you suddenly become a father figure." She whispers trying not to cry.

"Hey, it's okay." I reply as I place my hand over Cal to touch Melissa's arm. "I love you and I love Cal just as much. Nothing can ever change that" I add.

"I love you" She replies falling back asleep.

"I love you too."

@/arrowversetrash