6

"What movie do you want to watch?" I ask making my way to the small doorway.

"Hey hey hey, I'll put the movie on, you stay here" Chris says grabbing my arm, making me flinch.

"Someone still has to get snacks, genius." I reply with a smirk.

"Snacks like ice cream!" Cal yells waving his hands around.

"That right baby, now what movie do you want to watch?" I laugh while running my fingers through his hair, messing it up.

"Umm I wanna watch Bolt!!" He smiles

"Okay baby we can watch Bolt, now Mama and Chris will be right back okay? We are going to get snacks and put the movie on." I told him.

"No! Stay with me!" He says, grabbing my arm and starting to cry.

Cal has never been good with being left alone, it's probably my fault considering I never let him out of my sight until he was one, which was only 7 months ago so he's still getting used to it.

"Mel, it's okay you stay it's not that much. I'll be right back, Bud." Chris says leaving the den.

•A FEW MINUTES LATER•
"The snacks have been obtained and the movie is ready to go!" Chris shouts as he opens the door of the den his arms full of popcorn, ice cream, chocolate and marshmallows. "Let's get this party started!" He continues.

"Yaya!" Cal shouts while picking up a handful of popcorn.

Chris presses play on the movie and we all lay back so we can see the screen comfortably, well as comfortable you can get when you have a 19 month old laying practically on top of you.

•HALF WAY THROUGH THE MOVIE•
We hear a knock at the door, which I found strange considering I wasn't expecting anyone else. I start to get up but Cal wouldn't let me, "no don't go!" He shouts holding onto my shirt.

"Baby it's okay, I'm just going to see who it is I will be right back. You can stay in here with Chris while I'm gone okay?" I say hoping it will calm him down.

He eventually gets up off of me and leans over to Chris, snuggling into his chest making Chris smile.
I manage to get out of the den without it toppling over and I make my way to the door. I look through the eye hole and my heart stops.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I ask with pure anger in my voice, unable to control it and what he said next shattered smy heart.

"I want to see him, I want to see my son."