Chaeyoung: Are you ready unnie?

Jisoo took a deep breath and took one last glance at herself in the mirror.

Jisoo: As ready as I'll ever be.

•••

As soon as Jisoo and Chaeyoung arrived, there were journalists and paparazzi everywhere they turned.

Cameras and microphones were all shoved up Jisoo's face, giving the CEO no room to breathe.

"Miss Kim, look over here!"

"How do you feel about the accomplishment of this huge project?"

"What is your relationship with the CEO Kim of Kim Corporations?"

"There was a rumor that you 2 had known each other from before. Is that true?"

"What are your thoughts on the success and future of the new resort?"

"What are your thoughts on CEO Kim?"

"Do you the think this resort will keep you ahead of the rivalry between Dream and Power Industries?

Questions were fired at Jisoo in all directions for every millisecond, giving her no time to answer or even process what they were.

Luckily, Jisoo's bodyguards arrived and made way for Jisoo to walk through the crowd.

Chaeyoung was behind her, squished between Jisoo's back and the tight wall made by the bodyguards.

But finally, the 2 arrived to the top of the stage, where the business partners and CEOs of rivaling companies of both Dream and Kim Corporations sat.

One of the CEOs was Chairman Lee, the CEO of Power Industries, which is known across Korea as Dream's biggest rival.

But the truth was that there was really no rivalry. CEO Lee had been a close friend of Jisoo's father when her father was still alive.

People just assumed that the 2 companies were rivals because they were both the 2 largest corporates in Korea.

Jisoo has always treated CEO Lee as if he were her family and ignored the rumors generalized by the public.

Upon seeing the face of the elder, her face stretches into a smile as she approaches him.

Jisoo: Uncle Seung-Gi!

Seung-Gi (CEO Lee): Ahh~ Jisoo, my dear niece! How have you been?

Jisoo embraces him before replying.

Jisoo: I'm good uncle. It's nice to see you. How are you these days?

Seung-Gi laughed.

Seung-Gi: I've been good. By the way, congratulations on your latest project. Your parents would be proud.

Jisoo's face brightened at the elder's words.

Jisoo: Thanks Uncle, but it was all CEO Kim's idea and hard work. I had only played a small part in this project. The credit mostly goes to Miss Kim and Chaeyoung.

Seung-Gi: CEO Kim as in Jennie Kim, the daughter of Kim Jiyong?

Jisoo: Yeah, that's her.

A look of recognition flashed across Seung-Gi's face, causing Jisoo to wonder.

Jisoo: Do you know them uncle?