Chapter 7. Until dawn

6 hours had passed since the young bad blood incident. The woman had realized that she had never know his name so she decided to speak up. "I forgot to ask... what's your name?" The yautja turned before clicking his mandibles slightly.

"Dechip-Vaith" he said before sitting in the large hammock, she sat next to him feeling a little discomfort. "My name is  Tala..."  the woman looked at him as the yautja simply stared into her eyes.

He got up taking his weapons off and putting his bio mass behind the tree and put his armor on top of a tree. Now the yautja simply wore cloth clothing, maybe it was fine to rest for the night.

The whole process took at least 10 minutes and by then Tala was asleep soundly in the hammock. He wondered how he could express a little more of what he felt for this ooman. Soon he sat comfortable next to her and pulled the human to his chest with his large arms around her small frame.

It was a cool night that relaxed him hearing the sounds of quiet birds and the gentle movement of a large river nearby. He could feel the warmth of her body in his cold arms. Her brown skin intrigued him, since many yautja had multiple colors in there skin. Like grey and green, orange and white, a dull beige and black.

Her's was simply brown, such a odd yet fascinating being. He'd make sure to head to the river to bathe at dawn. Tala woke up to Vairth's arms around her back and waist keeping her close to his chest. He was sitting crisscross sleeping with her, the woman smiled slightly and looking to her left seeing a campfire beside them.

Tala ran her fingers on a few small scars on his arms and neck. Her right hand went up to his face and wondered around his mandibles and hair like features on his head. Hm... she found him fascinating.

Once the elite predator had awoken he was still in the same position as last night with Tala in his arms. "Tala" he spoke slightly with tiredness in his voice. The woman stirred slightly before waking up to the yautja carrying her to the river.

She sighed but didn't protest as he put her down at the edge of the river and went to sit near a tree. "I can't swim..." she said with a hint of nervousness in her voice. "Bathe, you smell." He said, she glared at him slightly not knowing if it was seriousness or sarcasm.

"I won't look, dishonor you ooman." The yautja said before going behind a tree and sitting looking out into the distance. Tala headed over to a small waterfall and turned around making sure he wasn't looking.

It was now dawn