Chapter 1

The music blasted into Nagisa's ears, his blue eyes focused on nothing but the white pavement he was walking on. The wind was chilly and made an icy stab run through his body.

Why is it so damn cold today? Hopefully sensei is having a better time than us with the weather ...

Nagisa's thoughts made him chuckle to himself, he knew how much Kora-sensei hated  the warm weather, he'd be having a blast right now.  "Nagisa." The voice was loud enough to cut away his music, so he turned it off.

"Karma." Nagisa smiled and watched the redhead walk towards him. "This is some cold weather we're having huh?" Nagisa nodded, "yeah, even thought its summer. I hope sensei's having a blast." Karma smirked, "you're so concerned about everyone, that's what I love about you."

Nagisa looked up to Karma and chuckled, "don't get soft on me now pretty boy" Karma rolled his eyes with his smirk still there, "yeah yeah."

Karma looked down at Nagisa and frowned, "Hey, your elastics are out." Nagisa yelped and tied his hair up. "I-I'm sorry, my mum wanted me to tie my hair up ..." Karma's frown deepened. "The bitch..."

Flashback

Nagisa's cries cut across the halls as his mother hit him across the stomach "go on! Defy me once more!" Nagisa gagged and coughed on his own blood, the metallic taste flooding his mouth.

"I-Im not a g-girl-Ah!" He was cut off when his hair was yanked and he was thrown to the wall, the wind being knocked from his body. He wheezed as his vision became blurry.

She punched his face once and he groaned, falling in the floor fully. Nagisa then coughed up the blood and it was all over the place.

"Say it! Say you're my little girl!" She hissed angrily

End of flashback

Karma crossed his arms as they walked, "I still think you should stay with me for a while, my parents adore you." Nagisa smiled. "I know they do, but ..." he sighed, "I still love my mother even she does things like that to me."

"The only reason I like her, is because she gave birth to you." Karma huffed, then looked down. Nagisa's face softly flushed as he grabbed Karma's hand reassuringly.

"Hey ... don't you be worrying about me ... I'll be fine, alright?" Karma sighed, "I still don't know, Nagisa, I go wish you wouldn't put it off." Nagisa squeezed his hand, "yeah ... I do too ..."

They both walked in further silence until they were at the park.