The Forbidden Fruit | 20

Start from the beginning

So my first action after the phone call was to race to my closet and rummage through it as I sorted our different articles of clothing for the week.

I packed for a week like my mom suggested and decided to go inform the guys of the trip.

~~~

"Do you guys think I'm ugly?" I pouted as I slumped down on the sofa next to Aaron and nuzzled my face in his chest. He draped one arm over my shoulder and squeezed it softly.

"No way sweet cheeks. Who told you that you were ugly, I'll personally find them and beat their ass!" Max exclaimed angrily as he slumped down beside me, his face in mock anger.

"Erika!" I squealed, my finger shooting towards her.

She glanced up from her phone and laughed obnoxiously as Ace glared at her in utter disbelief. "How dare you call our Bells ugly. You–you're disgusting!" He scoffed as he flipped his imaginary hair and snap his head away from her dramatically.

"I mean she's beautiful alright but she looks like a mongrel when she wakes up." She scoffed to which gasps echoed around us in response to her insult. I pouted childishly and nuzzled myself deeper into his chest.

"What the hell is a mongrel?" That voice. I snapped my head from Aaron's chest and fished out the source of his voice. And there he stood behind the very sofa in which he so effortlessly led me away from and stole the heat away from my body earlier this morning. I blushed deeply and glanced away from him.

"Oh, oh it's a type of mixed-breed dog!" Ace chirped in excitement to which I groaned and Aaron chuckle from beneath me. "Of course you would know."

"You compared Arabella to a mixed breed dog? Why so hostile Erika?" Max asked in amusement, visibly willing himself to not burst into a fit of laughter. He's so cute I could just punch him.

"I mean have you seen the girl when she wakes up. She looks like a chimera?" She exclaimed, an exasperated huff escaping her lips as she stared at everyone as if she were surprised that they hadn't seen it too. "Yeah but you snore in your sleep!" I fired back which was a failed attempt.

I did however look like a mongrel and a chimera after waking up. I can't always be this beautiful.

"Anyways, I wanted to ask any of you if you'd like to come to New York with me. . .today. My dad is having this formal party thing and he wants me to come. He said I could bring friends and well you're my friends."

I pulled away from Aaron's chest once again and squirmed in my seat as everyone watched me in excitement. It was actually scary to see bright smiles on all their faces. They sorta looked like a Cheshire Cat that belonged in a horror film.

It was not a delightful sight.

"Do we have to pay for our ticket and a place to stay?" Tyler asked as he sat on the arm of the chair, his eyes penetrating through mine. I gulped and tore our gaze, shaking my head to his answer.

"No, of course not. My dad organized all of that stuff considering that he's like a multi-billionaire–sorry I'm not trying to flaunt or anything I'm just saying he has it all covered a–"

"And he has a penthouse on a freaking beach!" Erika squealed out before I could finish my sentence which had nothing to do with the penthouse by the way.