Part 65 Graduation

Shane's POV

Today's the day! I'm finally graduating! Now I get to go to college then, spend the rest of my life however I want.

My mom drove me to the graduation. I was wearing my cap and gown and she was wearing a nice dress. We stopped by my brothers' house to pick them up.

Jared: hey Shane. Hey mom.

Shane: hi, I'm glad you guys could make it

Jacob: well, it's not every day our little brother graduates

Shane: true

Mom: let's get going. We don't want to be late

We got to the school and I got out of the car and walked towards Sawyer and Amanda who were posing for pictures.

The rest of my friends were around also; Matt and Nick's families were talking and Tyler's too. The only family I didn't see was the Graceffa's.

While I was looking around for Joey two hands from behind me covered my eyes

Shane: Joey, I know it's you

He kissed my cheek from behind and I hugged him when I turned around.

Joe: hey Shane!

Shane: hi baby!

I looked behind him.

Shane: wow, you're here too, Joe?

Joe: yes. Nicole and I came in last night

Shane: hey Nichole!

Nichole: hi Shane!

Our families talked for a while until it was time to start. The entire gay group sat together and held hands.

Anthony: mind if we join?

Matt: of course not! Come on!

Ricky and Anthony sat down and joined our little chain of friendship. Together we were so strong. We all waited silently for this big moment.

(A/N, I have no idea how US graduation works, and I haven't even been to a Swedish one. I am going to my cousins next year and mine in 3 years)

We all waited for the music to end and for our names to be called. I started getting nervous and held Joey's hand tighter. He looked at me with a calming face.

Joey: (whispering) don't worry baby, it will be okay

Joeys words calmed me down, I was ready for this! The principle came on stage.

Mr. W: Hello everyone, my name is Mr. Walstone and I've had the privilege to help educate at this school for nine years. Of all my years here this has definitely been the most...interesting. This may have been a year with problems but with the help of all the students and faculty we got through it. I would like to welcome one of our students that really helped this school get through the year, Mr. Graceffa.

Was Joey going to speak?? I let go of his hand as he got up to go to the microphone.

Joey: Thank you, Mr. W. So yes, I did have a tough time at the beginning because I am openly gay and that was not as accepted at the school as it is now. I was indeed bullied but I always stayed positive along with my few friends that I had. And I am proud to say that I changed my bully for the better because today he is my loving boyfriend. I hope that I had as much effect on the other students here as I did on him. And at the end of the day, I'm proud of who I am and... I'm in love with my bully.

Everyone was cheering as Joey walked back to his seat. Before he could sit down I jumped up and hugged him and whispered that I loved him

Mr. W: now for what we all have been waiting for, this year's graduating class