Part 59 Winners

Joey's POV

I went home and laid in bed, I wanted to be alone because Shane totally broke my heart.

That night I woke up from nightmare where Shane had broken up with me for Lisa.

I put on a t-shirt and sweatpants, grabbed a blanket and went into Jett's room. I laid beside him and put my arms around him. He always has me when he has a problem so I always have him. What a perfect brother relationship.

Jett: bad dream?

Joey: a really bad one

Jett: I'm sorry

He relaxed next to me and we fell asleep together. I needed someone that I knew would never hurt me, and that person is Jett.

Joey: night Jett.

Jett: night Joey

---------

I woke up in Jett's room. I started thinking about how complicated my life is getting; everything with Shane, graduation, struggling with smoking, final exams and all the pressure about my future. Also, the entire school knows about my drug problem and my Jessica problem. I can't do this anymore. If I had known all of this was going to happen two years ago I would have just killed myself. The only thing that gave me hope was Shane. He still does but since what happened yesterday I thought about something...

"Shane and I may not be forever..." Just thinking about it makes me sad. I love Shane but I don't know if I can trust him.

I got up and ate breakfast then went straight to the gym. I wasn't planning on going today but since I didn't have to give Shane a blow job this morning as planned I had nothing to do.

Sawyer and I worked out at the gym for a few hours then hung out afterwards. We ended the day by going to Matt's to hang out with our whole group.

When we got there I saw Shane and went to sit with him. Since I don't want our friends to get suspicious I felt like I had to go sit next to him. The other guys were all talking to each other so Shane and I went outside to talk.

Shane: you don't want them to know right?

Joey: no, what they don't know won't hurt them

Shane: thanks, Kangaroo

I smiled a little and we both looked out at LA. This is kind of like Shane and I's "spot" because it is where Shane asked me out. The best day of my life...

Joey: Shane?

Shane: yeah?

Joey: I'm sorry

Shane: you shouldn't be sorry for something I did

Joey: no, because I ruined our Friday night

Shane: forget it; I needed to clean up from that bitch before we did anything so you wouldn't catch something

I laughed a little. Shane always made me smile.

Then Nick ran outside and called us.

Nick: you guys want to see this!

We quickly ran inside.

*TV news*

Reporter: ... a girl from Walden high was arrested today for leaking private student information. She also was caught trying to rape a fellow student on school grounds and was violent towards other students and faculty. When questioned by the police she admitted that she was indeed planning murder.

Matt: do you think they got Jessica!?

Tyler: it has to be Jessica! Who else?

Matt: that's true, we should celebrate!