10 - The House That Was Home

Friday, June 28

No matter how touched Harry was of his godfather's gesture, it didn't change the fact that he hated shopping for clothes.

Harry had went in and randomly picked out three simple T-shirts, when Sirius had shook his head saying that there wasn't enough variety. Harry had offhandedly suggested that maybe Sirius should pick them out.

Jumping onto the idea a little too enthusiastically for Harry's liking, Sirius had proceeded to aggressively pick out a pile of clothes, from jumpers to jackets, to button-ups and jeans. If that wasn't worse, he badgered Harry to try them on, and after the thirteenth try-out, Harry had had enough.

He was going to make up his mind about what he wanted, Sirius' approval be damned.

"You know what?" ground out Harry, frustrated. "You get your own and I'll get mine. That way, we'll be done in fifteen minutes, okay?"

Sirius smirked. "Finally."

It turned out Sirius needed at least forty-five minutes to finish his shopping and Harry was growing agitated. Finally, they were finished and with more bags now in their hands than earlier, Sirius led them to a dark alleyway behind a deserted shop. Then, he called for Kreacher.

The sight of filthy old Kreacher on the muggle street was odd to say the least. He popped in and bowed low, his nose grazing the ground. Sirius had given Kreacher all of their bags and barked at Kreacher to take them to the house, who then vanished.

The sun was already setting and Harry and Sirius were free to explore London without any bags weighing them down. Even as he enjoyed the time with his godfather, Harry noticed Sirius' hand was at all times in his pocket, no doubt clutching his wand ready. Harry felt content and safe knowing that he had someone to look out for him. After stopping by for ice-cream as Sirius' way of making up to Harry for the dreadful time spent clothes' shopping, they Apparated back to Grimmauld Place.

oOo

Saturday, June 29

Sirius had left early in the morning to meet with Dumbledore and Harry was left alone with Kreacher and Lupin who was in the study as he was wont to whenever he was home.

Harry had gotten mail from Hermione and Ron, who had just reached home from Hogwarts yesterday and congratulated Harry excitedly on Sirius getting his guardianship. It was a quiet day with Harry spending time with poor Buckbeak, who had also been locked up for a year in this gloomy house.

Sirius came around at lunchtime and was telling them rather enthusiastically about Dumbledore having added his protection to Harry's grandparents' house and that they were moving in tomorrow. Sirius and Dumbledore had performed the Fidelius Charm and Sirius being the Secret-Keeper, gave Harry a parchment of paper with the words:

Potter Manor can be found at Number Seven, Rosedale, Yorkshire.

Harry passed the parchment to Lupin, when Sirius said gruffly, "You're living with us too, Moony. No excuses."

Lupin looked at Sirius with an odd expression before looking back at Harry, who nodded. "I want you to stay too, Professor."

He smiled. "It's Remus, Harry." He took the parchment and after he had read it, burned it to ash.

Sirius said, "Nobody else can know the address. I agree with Dumbledore on this count - with Voldemort in the open, it is for the best if we limit it to just the three of us and Dumbledore."