Reminding You of the Past

~The next day~

"Yeah, apparently they want to see your friends again... but they don't want to be alone with them, it'll be awkward for them," Seokjin said. "Really, they actually took interest in my friends?" I asked. "Yeah, it seemed everyone had some type of similarity. Like Taylor and Hailey both like anime. I don't know about Yuu and Jimin, but he likes her in some sense. June likes to dance, and Juliee wears black clothes. Something must of pulled the others in, they're really interested in your friends," Seokjin seemed unsure about the reason. All Kim and I did was pair them by similar (interest), and ultimate bias. "Well, I guess I can ask them to (separately) hang out with them," I shrugged. "But we have to come alone, so it's less awkward," he reminded, and I nodded. "Maybe our best friends will date," I suggested. He smiled, "That would be an interesting turn in events, don't you think?" Once more, I nodded. "It would be interesting. I'm just hoping that everyone will have a happy life in the future," I said. "Even if they don't become a couple, it's, at least, nice to know that they take interest in one another," I added. "Alrighty, when shall this semi date begin?" Seokjin asked, interested. "I'll see who's free today, and then you can ask that member if their okay with hanging out," I answered. He nodded, "Alright, I'll see you then, princess." Then the video call was ended. I stared at my phone, trying to figure out what Seokjin just called me. "D-Did he just call me princess?" I asked myself, shocked. It reminded me of the title "princess" in my family.

~Flashback~

"For now on, you're considered the princess of this family," my mom smiled as she patted my head. "We're royalty?" I asked, and my mom shook her head. "Not at all. But we inform the oldest as the 'princess' or 'prince,' because she or he will be the next to proudly hold the family name," she explained. I happily smiled. "Will I get a tiara?" I asked, and she shook her head. "But you get this ring," she said before quickly giving me a ring, that was too big for my finger. "When you're older, you can wear it to proudly show it off," she smiled. I watched as she put the ring into a black box.

~...~

"You're no longer the princess, you disgraceful child. That title will be held by your sister instead, Unordinary Girl."

~Back to the present~

I let out a sigh before going to my room. Once I was in there, I rummaged through all my drawers. After a while, I found a box. "She didn't take the ring back from me, I guess she forgot..." I mumbled as looked at the ring, that was nicely held within the box. The diamonds shined, the ring glistened brightly, reminding me of my past. I quickly shut the box without another thought, "I should see who's free today." With that, I put the box back into the drawer and went to contact my friends. After a while, Juliee said she was free today. I told her to meet me at the nearby park. Then I told Seokjin to bring Yoongi to the park whenever they're free. But after all that, I rested in my bed, seeing that I won't being going to the park at this time. I informed Juliee what time she should go to the park. With that, I set an alarm before I started drifting off into a slumber. The tiredness resting upon my body, taking me to a possible dream world, or nightmare.

~...~

"It's not okay," my mom said in a low tone, "I don't care if she's my daughter. She changed, and I don't want her anymore." "Honey please, it's stupid to let your own child go simply because she enjoys video games. Even if she does like video games, she can dress girly," my dad said, trying to convince her. His statement made her violently shake her head, disapproving the idea. "I only asked for one thing, but she gives me another. If I was put in the spotlight with that ignorant child, I'll be embarrassed in front of my family. I've been told one thing, and having a brat who only plays video games is not what I've been told," she hissed. With that, my dad placed his hand on her shoulder, "You're going to regret letting go of our oldest daughter like that... she's been nothing but kind to you, and she's shown you how hard she'll work to make you happy. But if a family rule is going to interfere with the bond between you and Y/N, then that's all on you. I've tried many times to convince you that there's nothing wrong with gaming, but I guess you would rather make up excuses and not be an embarrassment to your family. I thought that our daughter's life was more important than some silly rules. But apparently... you want to disown your own child due to your own family members." My dad started to walk away, "Does it really hurt you to know your oldest child decided to pick up gaming? Or are you just scared that you'll be punished for raising a 'bad' child?" "Because I don't see a problem with gaming in any way," and with those last words, he left the room. I quietly watched my mom looked around the room, like she was taking in everything and remembering the time we shared with one another. After a while, a tear rolled down her face, "If only I wasn't afraid of my parents... maybe then I wouldn't have to leave Y/N. But he's right... all I do is hide behind a mask and play along, hoping I won't take the wrong step that might effect me."

~...~

I slowly opened my eyes. After a while, the noises of loud beeping echoed throughout my room. I sat up, and started to get ready, "It felt like it was only a dream where my mind made things up... but it's simply a faded memory..." I looked at myself in the mirror, "But it's fine now... it's been ages since I left. I highly doubt that she plays her cards well enough. After all, she still hate me. Maybe she was hoping I'll return to her... but I never did, that probably made her actually hate me..."

"Forgive me."

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako