Chapter 23- Voices

Katie's P.O.V:

I heard a knock at the door, causing me to sit up and try to make sure I didn't look like a drowned rat.

"Come in" I said, seeing the door crack open, Jacob's face coming into view before he opened it fully.

"Hey Katie, how are you feeling?" He asked, his green eyes connecting with mine.

"Pretty good after my shower" I said, giving him a smile, which he gladly returned. I knew that he was worried about me, and how I was holding over after everything that's happened lately and I really appreciate him giving me a place to stay.

"Are you hungry? I was planning on ordering some pizza if that's okay with you" he said and I nodded, getting up from my bed.

"Yeah, I'd like that" I said and he smiled, nodding as I walked up to him.

"What toppings do you like?" He asked and I thought about it while walking closer to him.

"Anything's fine with me, unless you're gross and like olives or onions. Or peppers" I said and he laughed. Once I was close enough to him he wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing the top of my head.

Before you start wondering, no, we haven't kissed yet. I really like Jacob and I don't want to take things too fast. Granted, if he was to kiss me, I wouldn't mind. We've known each other for a good amount of time now and aren't even close to being strangers.

"Is pepperoni good with you?" he said, his nose brushing against mine as he spoke, causing me to giggle.

"Sounds good to me" I said, seeing an unknown emotion running through his eyes as he stared at me, taking in my face as if he was trying to memorize everything about it as I placed my hands around his neck.

I followed his actions, first looking at his bright green eyes. They held his emotions, just like most people, but if you looked closely enough, you would be able to see the specks of darker green floating around in his irises. He had a cute nose, and nice, pink lips. His jawline was definitely visible, but not too prominent, and when he smiled or grinned, his dimples would show. I also loved that when he would smirk only one dimple would show, as if increasing the teasing from the smirk.

"I'll go call them then. Want to watch a movie while we eat?" He asked and I nodded, following him with my eyes as he walked away. I couldn't stop myself from looking at his butt as he walked out of the room, and I picked up my phone before following him out into the living room.

I love being around Jacob because he helps me forget about reality for a little while. I'm still hurting over Ella being gone, but he makes me feel better. I think that with him around, he can at least put a band-aid on the piece of my heart that was punctured when I lost Ella.

Once I made it to the living room, I saw Jacob on the phone in the kitchen over the half wall that looked into the kitchen with barstools.

I walked up to them, sitting down on one and watching him speak to the pizza place, before hanging up a few minutes later.

"Did you pick a movie?" He asked and I shook my head 'no'. He leant up against the bar, so that our faces were a few inches apart, almost a foot.

"I'm down for anything that'll distract me" I said and he started thinking, looking adorable while doing so as he furrowed his eyebrows in concentration.

"Fifty Shades of Grey?" He said, a spark lighting in his eyes. I laughed, facepalming at his horny instincts.

"I've never even watched that movie" I said truthfully and his eyes widened.