Chapter 4- Colby James

Ella's P.O.V:

I sighed, sitting at my desk and trying to test out which material would work best to be an outline for wires.

"Hey" I yelped, letting go of the wire and the material unfolded.

"Dang it" I muttered, looking at it sadly. It took me 2 hours to do that.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry" the person said behind me and snapped me out of my trance.

"It's fine" I said, turning around in my chair and my eyes widening as I saw none other than Colby James himself. He walked closer to me and crouched down slightly, running his fingers over the material that I was working with, completely oblivious to my panic of him being this close to me.

"Using this material would be really great to cover it but it may burn with the heat that will go through the wires since the prototype is very powerful. Maybe try to use material 4AL instead?" He said, causing me to think about it for a little before nodding, a smile forming on my face.

"That would work perfectly! I didn't even think of that thank you so much I've been trying to find the right material for weeks now" I said and he turned to face me, flashing his dazzling smile at me, unfazed by the small distance between us. I flushed a shade of red but didn't react other than that, smiling brightly back at him.

I caught the quick movement of him looking from my eyes to my lips before he pulled away, standing up straight and clearing his throat.

"I actually came over here to ask if you wanted to have lunch together" he said, looking down at me. I glanced at the clock, seeing it was lunch time and quickly nodded my head yes. He chuckled and waited for me to pack up my stuff, writing down his idea and then we headed out.

We walked over to the elevator, walking in and standing in silence. What do I say to him! Ughhhhhh now you get what Liv meant at the beginning.

He's just so dàmn perfect. I looked over at him, seeing all the minor details that I'm sure he never even notices about himself. His bright blue eyes that sparkle, his perfect brown hair that always looks so soft and fluffy, how gorgeous his smile is when it's genuine, his slight dimples, the slight muscles that he is currently hiding under a 21 Pilots sweatshirt, his tan skin, and his amazing personality that can brighten up anyone's day. Dàmmit why is he so perfect!?!

I broke out of my trance when I heard a chuckle. I looked up to see Colby wasn't in the same place as before, looking around in confusion. I blushed as I realized he was holding the elevator for me and there were my annoyed co-workers, waiting for me to actually leave the elevator.

I smiled sheepishly, walking out of the elevator and mumbling a 'sorry' to the group of annoyed people that hate me. I lowered my head in embarrassment, frowning. They have always hated be, I have no clue why.

"Hey don't worry about it, what were you thinking about that put you in that trance anyways?" Colby walked beside me, placing his hand on the small of my back.

"Uhhhhhh..." I trailed off, blushing.

"Ahh it was about a boy wasn't it" he asked and my face was officially a tomato.

"NO! Yes.. no!! Uh... Maybe?" I stuttered out, mentally facepalming myself. He just laughed his melodic laugh, unlocking his car and opening the passenger door for me.

"Thank you" I said, keeping my head down as I sat down. He smiled, closing the door behind me and walking over to his side of the car.

He got in and started the engine, pulling out of the parking space and beginning to drive.