19. rise of the secret soldiers

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few weeks since Christmas, and ever since their action figures came out, Adam, Bree, and Chase have been more popular than ever before. They had a lot more interviews and meet and greets than when the world first found out about them. Even though I was really happy for them, I missed them too. We didn't really get the chance to do a lot of things together because they were always busy doing something.

Leo also had a big hand in getting them special gigs. He was always on the phone with different people trying to score them interviews. He kind of took over the role as their publicist, and he seemed to really enjoy it.

Adam, Bree, Chase, and I were all sitting in the kitchen talking when Leo walked in through the front door. He had a box in his hands and set it down on the table.

"Good news, my famous bionic peeps." He announced, "Your new PR guy came through big time."

Chase turned around in his stool and said, "Please tell me it's not another celebrity game show. We always lose."

"Probably because one of us always hits the buzzer too soon and doesn't know the answer." Bree said while glaring over at Adam.

Adam just looked offended and held up his hands, "In my defense, I thought hitting the buzzer was the right answer."

Why am I not even surprised?

"You remember that big magazine interview I got you guys?" Leo asked, and the three of them nodded. Then, Leo grinned proudly, "The article just came out, thanks to yours truly. Leo Dooley of Dooley Entertainment, a subsidiary of LeoCorp."

"Awesome!" Chase exclaimed as he shot up from his chair.

"Cool!" Adam exclaimed.

"I want to see!" Bree said excitedly.

The four of us walked over to Leo, and he handed each of us a magazine. The first thing I noticed was that Adam was the only one on the cover. I frowned and began to read the article. Then, my mouth fell open a little bit as I began to read the article.

"Wait, the reporter interviewed all of us." Bree said confused, "Why is Adam the only one on the cover?"

Adam just laughed as he looked through the magazine. Chase said in disbelief, "This whole article makes it sound like he's in charge." Then, he read from the article, "'Adam Davenport is the bionic team's leader, strong man, and all-around superstar?'"

"Ah, finally! Someone gets how things work around here." Adam said while sitting down on the couch.

"Listen to this." I said to Bree before reading to her, ""Along with Adam's little brother, the girl helps him on missions.'"

"What?!" She exclaimed furiously before looking at the article in her magazine. Then, she exclaimed angrily to Chase, "It's like you and I barely even exist!"

After Bree threw her magazine back into the box, Adam asked, "What are you talking about? You guys are mentioned right here. See? 'Bree and Chase Davenport not pictured.'"

We all just scoffed and turned away from him. Then, Davenport walked in and asked, "Hey guys, what's going on?"

Chase and Bree both stormed over to Davenport with a magazine. Chase told him, "This article totally misrepresents how our team works. People are going to think that Adam is the only one who does anything."

"Oh, don't worry! I'll set the record straight and tell 'em the girl does stuff too." Adam hollered over to him, which made Bree and Chase roll their eyes.