12. you posted what?!

Haley's P.O.V.

Summer had come and gone pretty quickly. Douglas kept us pretty good company at the Davenport house, and he was actually being nice to all of us. This may sound crazy, but I'm actually starting to like the guy. Our summer was very eventful, and I was dreading for school to start again.

But when the time came, the last thing I expected was to get sick the first week.

Right now, I had a cold, and it has really been kicking me in the butt. I didn't go to school for the first two days, and I missed the mission to fix the pipeline yesterday. I felt bad that I couldn't go, but everybody insisted that I stay home and rest. You would think since I'm bionic, I would have a stronger immune system, but that's clearly not the case for me.

On the third day of school, I finally felt decent enough to go back to school. Chase offered to carry my school bag for me since it had all of this year's school supplies in it. Since my bag was hung over Chase's shoulder, the only thing I carried inside school was a large tissue box. As I blew my nose for the forty millionth time, Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo all looked at me and cringed.

I groaned, "I hate this."

"You think we love hearing it?" Leo asked me.

I just glared at him before we all walked inside the school. We were immediately met with everybody staring at us with their phones in their hands. Everybody in the hallway began to whisper to each other and continued to stare as we walked inside. What is going on?

When we saw Perry standing in the middle of the hallway with a tablet, we walked over to her quickly to figure out what everyone's deal is today. Bree asked her, "What's everybody looking at?"

"A new viral video." She answered, "Guess what it's called? The World's First Bionic Humans."

I about collapsed on the spot. My eyes were about to pop out of my skull. We all stared at her stunned and scared. We all said, "What?!"

"Wait. There are other bionic people?" Adam asked confused. He turned to us and asked, "Then why are we working so hard?"

As I blew my nose again, Chase gave him a look and said, "She's talking about us."

"Yeah, look." Perry told us as she held out her tablet.

We all watched the video on her tablet, and my heart nearly stopped. It only showed Adam, Bree, and Chase when they were on the pipeline mission yesterday without me. Someone filmed them on the one mission I wasn't there for. I feel terrible knowing that my secret is still safe, but their's isn't.

"Oh my god." I barely got out since my chest was tight. I don't know if it was because of the current situation or my cold, but I didn't like either so it sucked.

"That's yesterday's mission." Chase said quietly.

"Somebody filmed us." Bree said horrified.

"Your secret's out." Leo said in shock, "Everybody's going to know you're bionic."

"Yeah, except me." I said before throwing a coughing fit. I feel absolutely awful. I should've went on that mission with them. It's not fair.

"Haley, it's okay." Chase assured me quietly.

"No, it's not!" I argued back.