15. brother battle

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been awhile since Leo and I have spent some quality time together, so we decided that we would have the day to relax and hang out with each other. We played video games for awhile and went to see a movie. Once the movie was over, we went back down to the lab to relax. The two of us were sitting on our phones when Bree walked in and collapsed on the couch. Leo and I didn't even look up from our phones to look at her.

"I am so glad to be home." Bree said to us, "I just worked a twelve hour shift at Tech Town."

That's when I looked up from my phone and asked, "Wait, you still work there?"

She just gave me a look before Leo said to her, "Yeah, I here you. It's been pretty crazy around here too. I made a pitcher of iced tea, but then I changed the water filter so I had to go back and make another pitcher of iced tea, but then I realized I forgot the lemons. Like I said, it's been a whirlwind."

"We also went to the movies. Like he said, it's been a nightmare." I added.

Bree just glared at us before standing up and said, "Well, that's better than being badgered by a bunch of tech nerds about our stupid contest."

That seemed to grab Leo's attention. He asked, "Contest? What contest?"

"We're about to hit our one millionth customer, and whoever that is wins the grand prize: and all-expense paid trip to go meet Tech Town's founder, Franz Minsk." She explained to him.

Then, Leo's eyes widened as he shot up from the couch and ran over to Bree. He said, "Wait, wait, wait! The Franz Minsk?! The man who's designing a billion dollar Tech theme park with the world's first anti-gravity roller coaster?"

"No, the other one." I deadpanned as I stood up and walked over to them.

Leo just rolled his eyes at me slightly before grinning excitedly, "Man, I've always wanted to meet him. This is the coolest contest ever! Maybe I can be the first person to throw up on his roller coaster!"

Bree and I just gave each other weird looks before I said, "Leo, with that delicate, little stomach, you'll probably throw up in line."

The two of us went to walked out of the lab, but Leo grabbed our arms and stopped us, "Oh, I am winning that contest. How close are you to a million?"

"I have no idea. You just have to buy something and hope you're lucky." Bree replied.

"Hm." Leo said, but then pulled out his wallet, "Maybe a hundred dollar bill will ensure I'm lucky."

"You do not have a hundred dollar bill." Bree scoffed before walking out of the lab.

Leo just paused for a moment before saying, "Touche."

As he went to sit back down on the couch, I said, "Please tell me you aren't going to do something stupid to win the contest."

"Oh, I'm going to win. Trust me." He smirked.

"How?" I asked him with a slight eye roll.

"Because you're going to help me." He said.

My eyes widened as I said, "Are you kidding me? You want me to spend money on expensive products I don't need just so you can win some stupid contest?"

"I would do it for you!" He defended.

"No, you wouldn't." I deadpanned while crossing my arms.

He just huffed in annoyance before continuing to beg, "Come on, please! I have always dreamed of meeting Franz Minsk. This is my chance! Please!"