1. sink or swim

Haley's P.O.V.

We left for a good reason.

Those were the words that played inside my head over and over again. Once we were out of the lab, Chase told me the exact location of where we needed to go. I grabbed ahold of everyone and geoleaped us to where we needed to be. The four of us were now hiding on a cargo freighter, and we had no idea where it was heading. We just knew that it was taking us away from Mission Creek. Before we left, Chase turned off our GPS coordinates so Mr. Davenport couldn't find us. We couldn't let him find us.

There were a few men talking on deck, and we have been waiting for hours to just stand up and stretch. We have been crammed behind boxes for so long. I could barely feel my legs. Bree and I were sitting on an anchor while the boys were crammed together on one box. Once the men finally decided to leave, we stood up and walked around the boxes.

"Well, after the last six hours, I can confidently say there's no lady like way to sit on an anchor." Bree said as she stretched her legs.

"My body aches in places I never knew it could." I agreed as I stretched my back.

Chase groaned as he pulled a few white feathers out of his hair, "What are you two complaining about? I had a seagull using my head as a nest."

"Where are we heading anyway?" Bree asked him.

"No idea. I can't pinpoint our coordinates without our GPS locaters." Chase replied.

"I bet we're going to Alculpulco." Adam said with a small smile on his face, "That's where all the cruise ships go."

"Adam, we're not on a cruise ship. It's a cargo freighter." I reminded him for the millionth time.

"Whatever it is, we're on vacation, okay? I'm making the most out of it." Adam said to us before walking over to sit down on some rope. I don't know why he would want to sit down again.

Bree gave him a look and said, "This is not a vacation. We are hiding from the FBI."

"And if they find out about us, we'll become government guinea pigs, and Mr. Davenport will go to jail." Chase told him.

"Oh, will you relax?" Adam said as he put on his sunglasses. He leaned back and smiled, "It's nice to get away once in awhile, isn't it? And where is that waiter?"

I was about to geoleap myself off of this cargo freighter and to the Bahamas. I'm not dealing with this the whole time.

------

After about an hour, we cleared some more room for us to sit behind the boxes. We went back into hiding in case some more of the crew came back out. Chase went to go see if the coast was clear while I was left to think. I wonder if Leo had given my parents the hologram message. I wonder if they knew that I was bionic yet. I wonder if Davenport and Leo were trying to find us right now.

Chase climbed back over to us and said, "Okay, we're all clear. The crew just went to eat."

"If it's veal shank, I'm giving us up." Adam said.

He went to run out from behind the boxes, but Bree said, "Adam."

He just sat back down and began to pout. Ignoring him, I asked, "So what's our plan?"

Chase sighed, "Well, as soon as we get to wherever we're going, I guess we just blend in and live normal lives."

Adam gave him a confused look and asked, "Wait, so does this mean we're done with missions forever?"

"We have to be. Using bionics will only get us caught." Chase told him. He said quietly, "Man, if I'm not mission leader anymore, I don't know who I am."