Chapter 17- Where do we go from here

Start from the beginning

"Oh, sorry Carter. I didn't mean to take your room. You have work tomorrow."

"Don't worry my dear, it's all right. It's just Friday. I don't mind."

Before she protested anymore, he led her down the hall to the washroom. "I can see you're tired, why don't you take a shower and head to bed, hm? I'll lend you some clothes."

She hugged him and said her thanks.

She knew she could always count on Carter. Yet telling him about her problems was something she would not mention now a the fact that he would act like Maeson. He would go a bit foolish and protective on her. And she surely didn't want that. That would create more problems that would probably include her whole family.

Meakela sighed, closed the bathroom door, and began taking her clothes off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey girl, what's the long face?"

Mekaela turned around to see her boss, Mr Laeson talking to her. She tried to turn her frown around but she barely managed to hold it, She didn't get much sleep last night. All her thought were about him, alas Mekaela tried really hard to fall asleep but it wouldn't come. She ended up staring at the white ceiling for the whole night. "Nothing." She casually replied trying to sound like her cheerful self.

"Hey, was it, the hottie who did this to you?" Mich jabbed in, a big smile on her face. "What did you call him? Mac..McSizzle?"

"McSizzle?" Mr Laeson asked with a question mark and faint blush on his face. He looked at the Mekaela.

"Yeah, a guy who came once." Mich replied nudging Mekaela.

"Dating a customer, I see." Mr. :aeson pondered out loud, rubbing his chin. "So, how often does he- Ow-" Mr. Laeson looked back to see his daughter had jabbed him on the rib with her elbow. " Anna banana, that hurt."

Anna's face turned oink at the nickname. "Dad knock it off, You're invading her privacy. And stop calling me Anna banana."

"Wh-what? I'm not, sweetie. And Anna banana is a fine nickname for my baby girl."

Before they started arguing, Mekaela cut them short. "Anna, can I ask you something?"

"...Sure." She followed her near to the kitchen. "What do you-"

"Did you tell Mich?" Mekaela cut her short.

"About what?"

"..." She bit her lips.

Anna blinked and tried to remember what she heared as she passed by. "Are you talking about the McSizzle nickname?"

"Yes."

"I swear to god, I didn't, Mekaela." Anna cringed. "...Probably she overheard, when we were talking days ago. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for her or other to find out."

Mekaela shook her head and have a long tired sigh, waving the topic off with her hand. "...Forget it."She ribbed her temples.

"Did you find a place to stay?"

Mekaela nodded. "Yeah. Than for last night. I didn't mean to bother you two." As she spoke Mekaela could see tiny black spots appearing everywhere around her view. She shook them off. Her heart panicked for a second.

It was nothing, Mekaela told herself. Probably lack of sleep.

"It's no problem." Anna didn't sense her sudden discomfort she she peered at Mekaela's under eye circles.