112: castiel

The world was never black and white to Castiel.

He saw things in shades of gray.

From boundaries, to expectations, knowledge, to romance... he never really knew what set something in stone.

He always pondered what other options existed. In what other ways something could be done.

That's how he ended up with Dean Winchester.

He had never, in his 20 years of living seen something that sparked his curiosity so much.

Castiel looked at everything analytically. That's why he saw gray. He saw one side of opinions as black, the other side of opinions as white, and his own as gray, a mixture of fact gathered from opinion.

But Dean...

Dean was color.

Something so unfamiliar.

Something so unique.

Something that shone out from his monochromatic past.

Dean's soul was a fiery red. His eyes an electrifying green. His words, smooth and calm, like the waves of a clear blue ocean.

Maybe that's why sitting in his 9am english course, watching Dean Winchester mindlessly tap a black pen on his lips, Castiel felt a sense of renewal.

It was time to let go.

How dare his past tell him who to be?

How dare his family place their expectations on him?

How dare those two dull colors drown him out when he could be so much more?

Castiel could be colorful too.

He was not going to pull Dean down into the pit of black and white to suffer with him.

Castiel was going to do it.

For his sake.

For Dean's sake.