44: castiel

"CASTIEL YOU LITTLE SHIT STOP PUTTING GOLDFISH IN THE CART!" Dean yelled closing his eyes.

"Don't you like goldfish?" Cas said hiding a bag behind his back.

"Yes... BUT I CANT AFFORD SEVENTEEN FREAKING BAGS!"

"But we might run out..."

"Then we'll get more... LATER."

"But there's so many to choose from..."

"You can have two."

"Three?"

"Two."

"Fineeeeee..." Cas rolled his eyes settling on a bag of original and colored.

They started walking down the rest of the aisle, Dean looking at what was already in the cart, and Castiel eyeballing everything he could fit in it from off the shelves.

"Hey Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we have breakfast for dinner tomorrow?" He said, eying a bag of pancake mix.

"I guess... toss it in." Dean mumbled as he continued to walk forward.

"Hey Dean?"

"Yes Cas?"

"Can we..."

"Dean?!" A cheerful female voice piped in from behind Castiel.

Dean stopped the cart and abruptly turned around, causing Cas who was still walking forward to run straight into Dean's side.

"Ow." He said rubbing his head that hit Dean's shoulder.

"Hey Jess!" Dean beamed.

"Jess? Like Sam's Jess?" Cas said looking up at her.

"Yep that'd be me." She held out a hand to Castiel. "Jessica Moore."

He took ahold of it and smiled. "Castiel Novak."

"Oh so you're Castiel? Sam told me about you!"

"Oh no..." he muttered looking down.

"All good things I promise." She smiled. "He told me about how funny you were at dinner."

"Me? Funny?" Castiel laughed a bit to himself.

"No I'm serious! He really does think that."

"Sam thinks a worm is funny, I don't really think that's a valid point." Dean laughed.

"You're probably right on that one." She laughed back.

Cas smiled as the two bantered. Jess was such a beautiful person, he had wondered how Sam had gotten so lucky. Her bouncing blonde hair, her bright innocent smile, her genuine laugh, her amazing personality... Castiel had only known her for a few minutes, but the way she talked to him and Dean, it was like he grew up with her.

"Oh yes I forgot! I told Sam to text you but he never got around to it... would you like to come over for Sam's birthday dinner on Saturday?" She smiled, throwing a cheesy grin towards Dean.

"Yeah sure what time?" He said shaking his head laughing.

"It doesn't really matter. I told the others 6."

"Who's coming?"

"Well so far... Me, Sam, Kevin, Charlie, your dad, you, and Cas..." She said counting each person on her fingers.

"Wait... im invited?" Castiel's eyes shot up.

"Yeah of course! Sam loves the extra company."

"Wait... dad is coming?" Dean mumbled, his tone growing lower.

"Yeah. Sorry Dean."

"It's okay. At least I'll get to see Charlie." He shrugged, the disappointment wearing on his face.

"Who's Charlie?" Cas asked, looking up at Dean.

"Oh you'll love her, trust me. She's one of our best friends." He said putting a hand on Castiel's shoulder.

"Crap." Jess muttered looking down at her watch. "I gotta get going, I told my mom I'd bring her ice cream tonight."

"Oh okay. Well bye Jess." Dean waved with the hand he had on Castiel's shoulder.

"Bye Dean. Bye Cas." She smiled adding his name. "I'll tell Sam you guys are coming!"

"See ya Saturday." Cas called after her, his face still holding her contagious smile.

As she turned away, Dean turned to look at Cas who was still watching her walk away.

"I really like her." He mumbled, looking over to Dean.

"We all do, Cas. If my brother screws this one up I'm gonna kick his ass."