24: castiel

Holy mother of shit.

Cas glared at the phone, hoping the notifications would just go away. He was hallucinating right? Just hungover, that's it.

He then stared over at sleeping beauty, wondering if it could ever be true.

Could this be Dean?

That's impossible.

He lifted the phone up and studied it. There was a black case, with some kind of star sketched into it on the bottom, and the initials DW next to it.

DW.

Dean Winchester.

It would make sense.

Cas needed to know this phone wasn't his. Needed to know he didn't just sleep with the closest thing to a friend that he has.

There was only one way to find out.

"Dean?" He said, barely loud enough for him to hear.

He looked over to the bed, where the boy was shifting around underneath the covers. Castiel cleared his throat.

"Dean, get up."

The boy's eyes flickered open... those beautiful green ones that Castiel had spent the night studying.

"Hmm?" He said rubbing his hands against his face, and starting to sit up.

"Damnit." Castiel cursed, pulling at his hair.

"What? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He shook his head to wake up.

"I can't believe it! I can't believe I just did that. I really just did that..." He said pulling his hair down aggressively.

"Hey hey calm down, don't hurt yourself. What's wrong? Is it something I said? Did? What? Are you okay?" Dean was mumbling, trying to form comprehensive thoughts for his current state of mind.

"You're Dean. Dean Winchester." Cas said throwing his head back to the ceiling.

"Uh yeah. Yeah I am. Is there something wrong? What's going on?" He said moving over to the side of the bed, and grabbing his shirt from off the floor.

"Oh I don't know... Look at your phone." Castiel tossed Dean's phone onto the bed.

Dean slipped his shirt over his head and then picked it up carefully, looking up from it to Cas and then back down again, studying the screen and then the other boy's expression.

"I don't get it. It's just some texts what's wrong with that? It's just a friend of mine..."

"Let me give you a big hint... my name is Castiel. Do you want to go ahead and guess what my nickname might be?"

Dean stared back down at the messages on his phone again, looking at who they were from. A couple from Sam last night, one from Lisa, and four from Cas this morning.

Four from Cas this morning.

"Oh my god... Cas?"

"Hello Dean."

"Well shiiiit." He said rubbing his hands down his face.

"Yeah." Cas said looking down at the floor.

He dug his feet into the carpet and listened to Dean rustling around in the bed, putting the rest of his clothes back on one by one.

Castiel sank down to the floor, and sat on his trench coat with his phone in his lap.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, picking at a bit of carpet.

"It's not your fault. You're fine. You did nothing wrong." Dean said getting up from the bed.

"How did I not know?"

"Hey neither of us did. We didn't even know each other's names okay? You're alright Cas."

"Why do I feel like I just did something wrong then?" Castiel said looking up at Dean who was now standing a couple feet away from him.

"Dude you're fine. You did nothing wrong I promise."

Cas shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair, smoothing it back into place, as he tried to process what just happened.

"You're not mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you? I had just as much to do with it as you did." Dean said gently, sitting down in front of Cas.

"Well uh... I don't know. Everything is really confusing right now. I mean I thought you were straight with the whole Lisa thing... and oh my god... wait that was Lisa... holy shit..." Castiel rambled looking at Dean.

Dean laughed and then shook his head.

"This isn't funny Dean!" Cas said hitting his shoulder.

"No no it's not, I'm sorry. It's just really cute how frustrated you are." He said smiling.

"What?"

"You thought I was straight?"

"Well you never told me you weren't." Castiel mumbled at the floor.

"I'm bi Cas."

"Woaaahhhh woah woah woah what?!" His head shot up.

Dean laughed and looked down at the floor.

"I don't really tell many people. Only my brother knows out of our family."

"Sam?"

"Yeah Sam..." Dean looked up at Cas and squinted his eyes. "So wait... Gabe... like party Gabe that everyone on campus knows... is your brother?"

"Yeah..."

"Dudeeee... I know him... how did I not know he had a brother?"

"How did I not know that the boy I was blabbing about having a crush on was the one recieving the messages?"

"That was me?!"

"...maybe."

"Wow. So much makes sense know."

"How did we not piece this together sooner?"

"Damn good question."

"We didn't even try." Cas laughed a little, shaking his head.

Dean shook his head and stared at the hands in his lap. Castiel watched him with a smile, knowing maybe it all wasn't as bad as he thought.

"So..."

"What?" Cas said tracing his finger around in the carpet.

"Can I admit something for a sec?" Dean said glancing back up at Castiel.

"Well I'm not going to stop you."

"Okay well first... you said you had a crush on me correct? Well or atleast you had a crush on someone that you didn't know his name and actually turned out to be me but..."

"Yes Dean." He sighed.

"Um okay well turns out I may have had a crush on you too... but like I didn't even tell Sam so I like didn't make a big deal out of it until last night because you were just so alone and I wanted to get closer to you but I didn't really know how and I just..."

"Hold up...What?!" Cas said looking up at Dean. "How long?"

"Well I mean... I've been noticing you more and more since you helped me in the hallway and then I saw you in the library and I just had to talk to you and when I did it was just so... I don't know... you're just so unique... and you intrigued me..."

"I intrigued you. Seriously?"

"...yeah."

Castiel smiled, causing Dean to look up at him with his puppy eyes, which were adorable beyond belief.

"So now what?" He said carefully, starting to smile back at Cas.

"We'll figure it out."