39: castiel

"Oh heeeeeell yes..." Cas sighed as Dean walked in the door with two brown chipotle bags in his hands.

"See I told you not to worry." Dean said setting the bags down on the counter.

"You are an actual lifesaver Dean Winchester." He said digging into the bag in front of him.

"I got one chicken bowl and one steak bowl because I didn't really know which one you wanted, so whatever you don't want I'll eat."

"Oh, so I can eat both?" Castiel teased hanging a fork out of his mouth.

"You could. But then you wouldn't get any of this ice cream I got..."

"Gasp you wouldn't..."

"I would..."

Castiel squinted his eyes as Dean gave him a mischievous grin.

"You can have the chicken." He sighed.

"How kind of you." Dean said digging into the bag to grab the other bowl.

"So how was class?"

"Boring as hell."

"Relatable."

"Did you stop by Gabe's?"

"Uh yeah I grabbed some clothes and shit since people would totally notice if I showed up in your clothes to class all the time."

"Mmm... yep probably." Dean shrugged opening his bowl.

"Oh well."

"Was he there?"

"Who? Gabe? No. He's been going out with some girl across town." Castiel mumbled between a bite of food.

"Oh. Have you talked to him?"

"No not really. Sorta miss him though... but it is his fault."

"Maybe you should try calling him."

"No."

"...okay."

There was a pause in their conversation where Dean took the first bite of his food. Castiel took it as an opportunity to butt in, asking his own questions.

"Did you see Lisa today?"

"Nooo... been doing my best to avoid her."

"Why? She seems pretty nice."

"Yeah but she won't be nice once she realizes I'm not into her. I've been through all of her breakups and I know how all of the poor victims get treated."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Dean sighed as he looked in to his bowl with a sideways frown. Castiel didn't really know what was on his mind, but he did know that he wasn't going to let him sit around and think about what could go wrong by telling Lisa.

"Hey Dean?"

"Yeah?" He looked up, curious.

"You look really good today."

Dean took his fork out of his mouth and smiled across the counter.

"Thanks Cas."