30: dean + castiel

"Cas?" Dean called out as soon as he closed his door.

He had told Sam to stay in the car, and so now it was just him running through a playground, trying to find one person in particular.

He ran towards the only thing he saw in the park, which was a little tan blob sitting on the steps of the play set.

"Dean?" He heard a soft voice say as he got closer to the boy.

He pulled him up off the steps and wrapped his arms around his shoulders.

Cas's coat was soaking wet, and so was his hair, which Dean was holding in his hand as he held him in his arms.

A familiar set of arms found their way around Dean's back, and were holding on for dear life, as his head was buried into Dean's jacket.

"You're okay. You're going to be just fine." He whispered into his ear.

He held Cas in his arms as the rain fell on both of them.

Dean could feel him shaking underneath him. He wasn't sure if it was out of fear or the weather, but he held him tighter and closed his eyes.

"I don't know what to do Dean." The soft voice from inside his jacket muttered shakily.

"It doesn't matter Cas, don't think about it. Just calm down. Are you cold?"

"Kinda."

"Lets go get in the car then."

"Okay." He said pulling away from Dean.

"You hungry?" Dean asked as they started walking off towards the car.

"I mean I haven't really eaten today, so I guess food sounds alright." Cas said shrugging his shoulders.

"Good because I was just going to get pizza with Sam."

"Oh... oh I'm sorry."

"No no hey don't worry about it. He won't care I promise. My brother is one of the most understanding people in the world."

"You sure?"

"Of course it's no big deal." Dean said smiling over at Cas and giving him a nudge with his shoulder.

Cas smiled softly and looked down at the ground, letting the rain drip off his face on to the grass below.