Strength

"Do you still hate me?"

Jasmine looked up from her book to find Chase at her bedroom door. All the bad news had gotten her nerves on edge and reading, among other things she enjoyed, calmed her. Chase stood there leaning agains the door frame looking at her. Waiting for an answer of any type of reply. Looking back up from her book she realized that she couldn't find it in herself to sit there and ignore him forever. She sighed,"You know I could never actually hate you, but yes I do dislike you at the moment." 

Looking at her with pained eyes he explained,"I understand and I do not expect you to even want to be acquainted with me right now. It's just you've gotta understand. When it comes to my mate she will always be first. It's not something I can change either, no matter how much I hate it. I have to accept it. 

Jasmine nodded and looked down at her hands. She asked,"So where do we go from here?" 

Hesitating he responded,"You could at lease get to know Alexis." 

Jasmine sighed while laying back on her bed,"I guess I could. She doesn't seem to want to harm Hazel anymore." 

Chase smiled brightly, but covered it up so that she wouldn't see. "That sounds good", without another word he left.

Still laying on the bed Jasmine could feel the tension between Chase and it made her sad to know that her best friend didn't even trust her around his mate. Turning over on her side she thought about all the good times they had together in the past years. All those happy memories seemed to fade away when his mate was around. Shaking her head she thought a loud,"Oh god I sound like a jealous girlfriend",but deep down she knew that she had no romantic feelings towards Chase. Yes, there were times when she had wished that they were mates, but that all went out the door the moment she had forgiven Robert. It was just then that she realized that was just feeling jealous because now Chase would have someone else other than her to give all his attention to. Would they ever be able to go back to the way they were? Would he love her and Hazel any less?

"Should I be worried that your thinking about my brother so much?" Jasmine jumped from surprise when she herd his deep smooth voice in her ear and his arm around her stomach pulling her closer to his warm body. 

Smiling she turned around on her other side to face him,"I don't know should you?" 

Lifting one eyebrow he smiled asking,"I should probably remind you that I can be dangerous when I'm jealous."

Starring into Robert's eyes Jasmine couldn't help but marvel at his features. The past years had been good to him. Not only did he look more mature but his aging seemed to only improve his good looks. If that was even possible. He gave her a mischievous smile while wiggling both eyebrows,"I could give you a tour if you're wondering what else I have to offer."

She couldn't help the infectious laughter that left her mouth. Calming down a little she asked," Oh really? That's the best line you've got." 

He pouted,"Hot guys don't like being laughed at you know."

She tapped his nose and teased,"Well it's a good thing that you're not a hot guy." Smiling at her teasing Robert hugged her closer while putting his hands on her sides.

Smirking he said,"Take it back and maybe I'll show you mercy."

Jasmine giggled saying,"Nope."

Pausing he yelled,"Oh that's it", and started tickling her. Jasmine's and Robert's laughter rang through the quiet house. 

..................

ALEXIS P.O.V

.......