Chapter 9

I grabbed Ash's hand and after he screamed in pain I made him sit and rest on the couch.

I grabbed Simon and shook the unconscious figure.

"Simon, get up. I can't lift you." I said.

He looked a good two hundred pounds, maybe less, but I knew I couldn't lift a full grown man by myself.

I tried anyway.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him two inches before falling on my butt.

I thought about what he said the other day. That I could will him to do things, that I could control him.

I focused on his hand wishing it would move, that it would twitch or something so I knew it was working.

His thumb moved a bit and I lost focus. His hand didn't move anymore.

Feeling more confident I glared at his elbow, as if I was mad it wasn't moving.

In my head I pictured him grabbing onto the counter top.

His hand flopped to the side and his hand clenched, but is just grabbed onto nothing.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to a sitting position.

He leaned against the fridge, but he wasn't awake.

I stared at his legs and his foot twitched, like it was afraid of my gaze.

His knee bent and his foot put itself under him. I lifted up his torso and his leg tried to hold the weight, but it quit working halfway up and he dropped to the floor. I managed to keep his head from hitting anything.

I tried focusing on his legs without looking at them and they responded.

They bent and his feet went flat underneath him again.

"Come on." I said.

Simon's head was still hung forward as he was passed out, but his legs took a wobbly step forward.

His halo slid over his hair and over his eyes.

I was quick to grab it before it fell.

I put it around my arm, just to hold it and it shrunk to the size of a bracelet.

I made his wings kinda hold him up since he was hunched over. I just wanted to make sure he didn't fall on his face.

If we could only make it to the couch I could lay him down and we'd be fine.

As if hearing my concern, the Simon- zombie that I could control walked uneasily toward the couch. The one Ash was on.

He flopped down, right on top of the demon.

Ash shouted and pushed him off, jumping onto the recliner.

"Keep that angel away from me!" Ash cried as he clutched his burns.

I glanced nervously at him before trying to lift Simon onto the couch again.

His hand helped a little, but not very much.

Then I went to grab all the Neosporn we had and some burn cream. Simon didn't look hurt, just exhausted.

I approached Ash with this stuff, but he stopped me.

"Leave me alone. It'll be better in a few hours." he said.

"A few hours? Oh, my goodness, Jason!" I cried.

Ash flinched.

"What about him?"

"He'll be home in the morning! If you both are still in human form when he comes home he's gonna be suspicious."