Chapter 13

I'm back baby! I am working on getting back into writing. I hate high school and stress, but anyway, on with the story!

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

When Jason came home, things were awkward. I know it was mostly my fault.

He fed the cats and then went to bed, but I hesitated going with him. My heart was split, and I didn't know what to do.

Ash had passed out on the kitchen counter, and Simon was on my shoulder.

"Simon, I don't know what to do." I said.

He rubbed against my chin.

"Don't ask my opinion, I'm biased." He said.

I sighed, and stood, my hand on his back to keep him from falling off.

"So, when exactly is your trial?" I asked.

"Two days." he answered.

"That's not much time." I said, pointing at his darkening coat.

He nodded in understanding.

"I wish I could reverse time. I shouldn't have lost my temper. I should have just kept it all in. I'm in such a mess..." he said.

I laughed.

"I'll help you. I hope you know that. I almost feel, as if I'm a guardian too." I said.

He laughed.

"But that's my job!"

I smiled, then went to bed. Simon rested against my neck as I lay down on the bed by Jason. He was already asleep and snoring softly.

"Rachel?" he whispered.

"Hm?" I asked, stroking his shoulder blades softly.

"What's going to happen now? I'm afraid. I don't want to lose my wings. I don't want to lose you." he said.

I stoked him faster.

"Think positive. We'll find a way. I promise." I said.

He rubbed against her chin.

"Okay."

"But you have to promise me something as well."

"What?" he asked.

"Promise me you'll try. Really hard. With all your might." I said.

"Always." he said, not even caring about what. For her, he'd try anything.

With that, I was satisfied, so I went to sleep with a smile.

The next morning, when I woke up, I immediately started to get ready for work.

Half an hour later, I was wiping down the bar with a cold washcloth and some cleaner.

Today there wasn't many people. Just a few men who looked a little love sick. Perhaps some girls broke their hearts, but I wasn't going to ask.

Vanessa was back, but she seemed to be behaving herself as she talked to Simon in the booth by the window. But I kept my eye on them, just in case.

Ash was at the bar, doing his best to bug me, but I always found something better to do. Even if that included cleaning the bathrooms.

As I cleaned I began to sort out a plan in my head. A plan to help out Simon. He really needed something to be patient with. Like a long line, or a tiny child. But I couldn't think of any super long lines or children to borrow within twenty- four hours.