Chapter 14

Hope you all liked the last chapter! I know it was like a year since I wrote before that, but believe me when I say I am truely sorry. On with the next! -H

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Point Of View of Simon

I had noticed that Rachel had left, but I didn't mind. I wanted to go on my own now. I think I was getting the hang of this rollerblading thing.

I pushed forward and did a full lap around the rink.

Proud of myself, I did another lap, faster this time.

When I came around to the exit of the wood-floored area, a little girl in a pink shirt and a frilly orange skirt with leggings coming out onto the wood with wobbly legs. When she slipped and began crying, I rolled over to her.

I carefully got onto my knees and helped her up.

"Hello. Are you okay?" I asked the small child.

She held onto my hand tightly and wiped her eyes with her knuckles. She appeared to be around four years old.

She shook her head and pointed at her knees.

"Do they hurt?" I asked.

She nodded and kissed my fingers and touched her knee.

"There. All better." I said.

For Angels it was a normal gesture. We loved all of God's creatures, and we meant no one any harm, but to a human it might look creepy considering I had no blood relation to this little girl. I quickly corrected myself, and focused on finding her parents.

"Where's your mommy and daddy?" I asked.

"They went home. It Wiwia's Birfday. Her mommy is watching us." she said in innocent slur.

"Why aren't you with the party then?" I asked.

"I really wanted to rower skate." she said.

"Do you want me to help you?" I asked.

She nodded excitedly, her head bobbing up and down rapidly.

I helped her just stand up at first, like with what Rachel did with me.

"Move! Move! I wanna go now!" she cried excitedly.

I didn't think she could go yet without falling, but I let her try going forward a few feet.

She tried taking actual steps with the roller skates, and her body fell backwards. I was right behind her, so it was easy to extend my arm and catch her before she hit the ground.

The little girl let out a soft groan.

"I got it." she said, pushing herself up again.

"Hey, try this. Try using your stopper on the front. This part, see. The brake. Try using it to push forward, instead of taking baby steps." I said.

She nodded and raised her heel, but her balance was off, and she slipped again. I caught her, just like the last time.

She crossed her arms.

"I'm never gonna get it wight!" she cried.

"Yes you will. I believe in you." I said, but honestly, I was beginning to doubt too. She was just not balanced enough. However, I didn't want to tell her that because I've seen a lot of little kids surprise me on many occasions.

"Reawy?" she asked.

"Yes, really. Now come on. Let's try again."

She lifted her right foot successfully and then I helped her balance, letting her squeeze my hand as she pushed forward a little and started rolling.

She let out a squealing laugh, and did it again, this time with her other foot. When she began rolling faster, her knees locked up.

"Bend your knees a little bit." I said.

She did and her face brightened.

"I wanna try on my own now." she said, pushing at my hand.

As soon as she pushed my hand, her foot slipped and she fell forward. I caught her again.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I got it." she said, "Now I'm gonna do it by myself."

She pushed away from me, but I followed her.

"Go away. Go farther." she said, pointing at the other side of the rink.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded her head.

"Okay, but stay close to the wall, in case you slip."

"Okay." she said, then started moving.

I didn't get but three feet from her before she slipped again.

When she burst into tears, I went up to her, and began helping her again. Soon she got bored of me again, and was convinced she could skate on her own. Only to slip when I got out of reach of her.

This was a long, three hour process of me helping her and trying to teach her to skate, only for her to push me away at the end.

At some points, I wanted to give up and tell her to go find her friends, which were celebrating a birthday, but I didn't just want to leave her. It would be rude, and I did say I would help her.

It was only when she could do a lap around the floor easily that I let her go on her own again.

She was an excited little thing. She couldn't be happier when she repeated the lap without falling.

It made my day.

She hugged my knees and I grabbed the wall, to keep myself from toppling over her.

"Thank you, very much Mistwer Simon." she said, then skated off to the carpeted area where she could take off her shoes.

I smiled.

In all reality, she'd helped me as well. I was now a lot better at skating, and I had the knowledge of how to teach someone to skate.

But I also left the skating area with a sharp pain in my heart and lungs. I didn't understand why, but I ignored it when I saw Rachel watching me from the side.

I rolled over to her and she smiled.

"Let's go home. We stayed longer than I wanted to but seeing you with that little girl made me smile." she said.

I smiled at her and went tot take off my shoes.

"Thank you, Rachel. For taking me here and teaching me how to skate and trying to help me." I said.

"No problem. I just. I wanted to show you that you could fly on the ground as well as in the air." she said.

I blinked.

Skating was amazing. It was fun and calm when you knew what to do, which was much like flying.

I hugged her.

"Thank you. So very, very much." I said.

"Your welcome. If we leave now, we might be able to beat Jason home." she said, and returned my shoes, which I had taken off and set on the stool.

We walked out and I saw the little girl wave as she drove off in a van full of other little four-year-olds.

I waved back and then we hopped in our own vehicle.

As we were driving, we talked about the rink.

"I really had fun." I said.

She smiled.

"Good. I bet that little girl had fun too. What was her name? Did she say?" she asked.

I realized I never even asked for her name. My manners were just gone. But then I realized something when I remembered how she thanked me.

"No. But I never gave her my name either." I said.