Chapter 8

I didn't even hesitate. I said it on instinct.

"Yes."

He smiled so brightly and hugged me, slipping the ring onto my finger.

We continued sitting on the beach, he had brought dessert, cheesecake, that we shared, but it got windy and we had to go home.

He gave me a big kiss.

"You've made me so happy, Rach." he said.

I smiled, but I wasn't too sure myself. Now that I thought about it, I wasn't too sure about marrying him at all. My thoughts kept going to Simon and Ash. My life was already complicated. I didn't want to drag him into it, and... I didn't want to, but... I think I felt something for Simon.

When we got home Simon and Ash was already there.

The two cats were curled up on either ends of the couch.

They glared at each other, and I wondered why.

I picked up Simon and twirled him around.

"I'm engaged!" I told the kitty.

It's not that I wasn't happy, because I was, but I was just having doubts about Jason and my relationship with a certain angel and demon around.

After I twirled a few times with Simon I set him down and did the same to Ash.

I didn't want him thinking Simon was special, especially after their little contest.

Jason ended up collapsing on the bed.

He was out before he could hit the pillow.

I laughed, but managed to wake him up to change him into his pajamas.

Then I took my shower and went to bed with him.

Simon and Ash curled up on both my hips.

Simon purred and Ash hooked his tail around my wrist.

"Goodnight, guys."

"Night." they said together.

In the morning Jason had already gone to work and he left a note saying he'd called for a day off work for me.

I thought it was sweet.

"Hey, guys!" I called.

Simon and Ash darted in.

"What's wrong?" Simon asked.

"Nothing. I have another day off so we can all do something at home. We can watch a movie." I suggested.

They nodded their heads and suddenly Ash's body expanded and I gasped.

He was blowing up like a balloon. His hair fell off and disintegrated. His body twisted and popped and cracked. It looked like something from the Gremlins. Soon there was a full size man curled up on my floor.

I turned away, blushing.

"Where are your clothes?" I asked, squeezing my eyes shut.

I heard him laugh.

"I'm very comfortable with my body. I don't mind you looking."

My blushed deepened and there was more cracking.

I took a chance and peeked to see Simon changing.

Pretty soon he stood in nothing but a blue collar and an ankle bracelet.