Chapter 7

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've had a bad week, please don't be mad at me! I'll try to do a few chapters today. I'm so so so so soooo sorry. :( - H

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

When Sarah got here I demanded to know what Jason had planed, but she wouldn't budge. I even threatened not to go, but she assured me that I needed to be present.

Sarah brought a beautiful dress for me to wear and it made me worry. Usually if we went on a date we'd just wear whatever, we weren't fancy and we didn't really care what other people thought of us. I was reluctant to put it on, but Sarah said Jason would be in a tux.

It was a strapless dress with a frilly skirt that went high on my thigh in the front and went to the floor in the back, giving me a tail look. It had a beaded design on the top that sparkled with fake diamonds. It looked like something I'd take to a high school prom.

Sarah did my hair in a tight bun so it would be nice and wavy when I took it out. She hen started on her specialty, make- up.

I personally hate make- up, but it made Sarah happy.

Simon jumped up and grabbed a silver eyeliner in his mouth. He meowed at Sarah and she took the circle of powder.

"Your cat has a good taste of color." she said, "This will go perfectly with the diamonds."

"They're fake." I said.

"They still look good." Sarah complained.

I rolled my eyes and tilted my head so she could finish the blush.

Simon reached his paw out and pretended to swat at one of my stay hairs.

I pushed it behind my ear and told him to shoo. Apparently that meant, 'Come here, Ash!' in demon.

When the demon was settled on my lap I took down my bun and put a few chunks in the curling iron.

When Sarah was putting on the finishing touches her cell phone rang.

"Hello?" she asked, "Yes, Rachel's ready... Take her where?... Okay, okay... Are you sure?... Yes, alright. We'll be right down... What's that?... Why not! But, Jay!... Okay, fine. But I want all the details when you get back." she said into the phone as she fended me off from trying to hear what Jason was saying.

After she hung up she gave me a pair of flip-flops to put on since she said high heels would be uncomfortable to walk in where I was going.

Before we went down she said she had to use the little lady's room.

Simon and Ash were behind me in human form.

"You look wonderful." Simon said.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"If that man hurt's you I'll chase him off with a bat." Ash said.

I rolled my eyes.

Simon gave me a soft kiss on the cheek.

"For good luck." he said.

I smiled in thanks.

"Hey, where's my kiss?" Ash said.

I sighed and gave him a peck on the cheek.

He growled in victory and slung his arm over my shoulders.

"I told you she loves me more." he said.

"No I don't! I love you both the same! I am not taking favorites!" I said.

Ash laughed.

"If you had to choose, who would you rather be with? Me? Or barf face over there?" Ash said.

I shook my head.

"You two are impossible." I said.

"But who would you choose?" Simon asked.

Before I could open my mouth and answer the bathroom door opened and I suddenly had two cats in each arm.

"Rachel! No time to cuddle the kittens, you'll get fur all over your dress!" Sarah screeched.

I set them down and we wen't out front to where a limo was waiting.

I got in, but Sarah didn't. Apparently she wasn't allowed.

"Where am I going?" I asked the driver.

"I am being payed not to answer that question." he said.

I crossed my arms and looked out the window.

I found myself going out of New York and to the beach.

The driver told me where to go from there since he couldn't drive on the dock.

I followed his instructions and saw the most amazing sight.

On the edge of the beach, not five feet from the water was a round table with a table cloth, a candle, and a dish of food. There was a tiny radio playing romantic music and Jason stood there in a grey tux and a blue Mickey Mouse tie. The only tie he owned. He could sound like most of the Disney characters except Mickey Mouse so to make up for it I bought him a tie and we laughed at it every time we saw it.

I made my way down the steps to the sand and to where Jason was standing.

As I did I noticed Ash and Simon on the dock, acting like they didn't see us.

[You two look like a couple.] I said in my head and Simon's head whipped around to face me before he scooted away from Ash.

I turned back to the man I should be focusing on.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey, yourself."

"You look wonderful." he said.

"Thanks." I said with a blush.

Five years and I was still shy around him.

He gave me a kiss and we sat down.

He lit the candle, but it kept going out because of the ocean's breeze.

Eventually he gave up and set a flash light in the sand a few feet away so it lit up our little set up.

We didn't need it now, but once the sun went down the light would be needed.

"So what's for dinner, o' handsome one." I teased.

His face flashed a bright red as he uncovered a plate of spaghetti.

"Lady and the Tramp?" I asked.

"I'm hoping." he laughed in embarrassment.

I liked it. It was cute how he was trying to be romantic. Not that he wasn't.

We actually did have the same noodle. Twice in fact. The third time we did the noodle broke before our mouths could connect.

He kissed me anyway.

Half way through dinner the sun started to fall and we turned to watch it.

When the last sliver of the sun dropped below the water Jason called my name.

To my right he was there, on his knee, holding a little box in his hand.

"Rachel, will you marry me?" he asked.

I looked at Simon and Ash who where watching us intently.

I didn't know what to do. It was so unexpected. I was afraid and curious and excited and full of dread.

I didn't know what else to do.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Hey, guys. It's me again! I hope you like the story. Please comment to tell me if she should say yes or no. It can go either way, but I want to know what you all want. :D Until next time! -H