Going Back

A/N Hey guys! I really want to have fun with this story and make it a good one too. Comment please! I want to know what you think. [Song: Say Goodnight by Bullet For My Valentine]

Aurium (POV)

The tow truck pulls to a slow stop outside my obnoxiously extravagant house. The Hibiscus flowers are in full bloom and all the blood red roses are perfectly trimmed.

My dad dated an exterior designer once when I was younger. Her idea of a good time was dragging me down to Home Depot and helping her pick out flowers. Then to top the day off she would have me help her plant and preen the flowers and bushes. Fun right? Wrong.

Eventually Eve, yeah and I guess my front and back yard were her Garden of Eden, got tired of my dad always being in a different country and her always being stuck with his kid. Not like I misbehaved or anything. I guess she just was not expecting to play nonprofit nanny when she started dating my dad. Can't really blame her though.

“Ma’am where do you want your car?” The gruff tow truck driver asks with a twang in his deep voice.

This dude is scary looking with a foot long salt and peppered beard, scars across his forehead, tattoos covering every surface of his neck and arms. Don't get me wrong I have tattoos and I like tattoos but not to this extreme. Honestly though I feel safer in the presence of a guy who looks like this than I do around any man in an expensive businessmen suit. The shrink says that is to be expected, but I’ve never felt right around any guy in a business suit. Especially not an extremely clean cut businessman.

“Ma'am?” The driver asks again snapping me away from the place my mind is beginning to wander to.

“Oh, sorry. Is there any way we can get it into the garage?” I ask putting a sweet pleading look on my face.

“I suppose I can get it in there. There's noting in the way is there? Like junk?” The driver doesn't look to pleased with the job at hand, but he looks sympathetic.

“No, there's nothing in the way. It's an empty two car garage. It should be a cake walk. Right?” I say hesitantly. How would I know? I have never backed a car into a garage that was hook to a tow truck.

“Yes ma'am. Piece of cake.” The trucker smiled from under his beard. At least I think he smiled...

After a couple of minutes go by my little blue Saturn is in the garage and unhooked.

I reach into my back pocket and pull out my black leather wallet. Yes I carry around a mans wallet, I find it more convenient than a purse. I scoop out an easy two hundred dollars and hand it to the tow truck driver.

“Thanks again.” I smile sweetly.

“Not a problem Ma'am. It is my job after all.” The driver says as he takes the money from my hand.

“True. Well, have a nice day.” I recite and turn towards the house, away from the curb.

My house is a two story English styled home with a very extravagant look to it. Red bricks, short iron fencing around the base of each tree in the yard. It's all very Victorian. From the looks of my house and the whole neighborhood you would never guess that two miles down the road was the city and East Ridge was not a pretty city either. It was kind of scary. Okay scratch the kind of. The city is down right vile.

Speaking of East Ridge, I was on my way to school to pick up my Senior class schedule until my piece if crap car blew some sort of fuse or something like that.

Dad keeps telling me I can get a new one any time I want. Hell, he tells me to go get a hybrid or “something fancy like that” yeah, because hybrids are fancy now. My dad the loaded man who couldn't tell Prada from frauda.