Chapter 29

— Will it change us if I tell you everything that I have been keeping from you?

—————————

Lee's POV

"Sunmi, can you help me serve this to that table?" Mrs Min asked for my help.

"Sure! That table?" I asked again while pointing to the table.

"Yes, that one" She nodded and I quickly picked up the tray to serve the food to the table.

I brought the tray to the table and served the foods to the customers politely. They thanked me for the foods which I replied with a smile.

"Enjoy your foods!" I beamed to them before walking back to the kitchen.

The bell then rang, signalling that a new customer has just arrived.

"Welcome!" I greeted without looking at the customer.

"Sunmi, go and show a table for the man" Mrs Min told me.

"Okay" I replied before walking toward the new customer.

"Welcome! Let me show you-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence as I looked at the face of the young man.

As if my body stop functioning, I couldn't find a word to speak to him. As for him, he was in the same state as me. He stared into my eyes as I too did the same.

"T-Tae.." I finally called his name, eventhough it came out a whisper.

He stayed silent as he still staring at me. Lost word, I can't seem to find a word to start a conversation with him. Just then it hits me.

"Don't act like you have no responsibility on this. Tae refused to talk to any of us and the least you should do is to sort this thing out"

"How can you just ignore this and let us trying to explain the whole thing to him when the fact is that you are the one who started this"

"Of course you should do that. You shouldn't let thing pass just like that when the others are trying their best to explain the whole thing to him. The only words could be trusted for him is the words from you"

This is the time, right? I should make this thing clear now, right?

"Tae, I-" I spoke.

But Tae turned his body away and started to take steps out of the restaurant. I was startled by the sudden coldness of his.

"Tae? Stop!" I ran after him.

"Sunmi?" Mrs Min called me.

"Mrs Min, I'm sorry. I'll be back" I said to her before running to chase him.

"Tae, wait! Please, listen to me" I yelled, trying to catch him.

But being a Tae that I know, he keep on walking, ignoring my begs for him to stop and wait for him. But that doesn't stop me. I ran faster to him and finally grabbed his hand to stop him.

He stopped before turning to face me, "What?".

"Tae, I know you're mad at me. But please, listen to me" I begged him again, holding his hand with both my hands.