Chapter 8

— Is it my fault for confessing my feelings to you or it actually a good thing?

————————

Lee's POV

"Baby? Baby!" Minkyung oppa snapped his fingers in front of me.

I snapped off from my thought and blinked my eyes in confusion to him. He shook his head as he looked at me.

"What are you thinking of, baby? I have been calling you more than twice and you didn't listen to me" He said to me.

I let out a nervous chuckle, "I'm sorry, oppa. I was just thinking".

"Of what?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Of.. things. Haha you know" I replied, lying to him.

"Uh whatever" He rolled his eyes to me, making me looked somewhere else.

To be honest, my mind was sticked to one person for days already. That person is Tae. I can't help but thinking about his confession over and over again. It bothers me so much knowing that Tae loves me, not in a friendly way but in a romantic way.

Not just that, it bothers me too that Tae just gone missing after his sudden confession to me. I asked Jimin about him but Jimin also didn't know where he went. He isn't lying this time. He really don't know.

I texted him but no reply at all. He completely ignoring me. I feel bad for an unknown reason.

Flashback to their highschool time

"Do you think I should?" I asked my girl friend while we were both in the toilet.

"You should. Maybe this is your chance to be together with him!" Saemi said, encouraging me to confess my love to Tae.

Yes, I like Tae. I like Tae more than a bestfriend. And the only person who knows this is Saemi, my other friend. She has been encouraging me to confess but I just scared.

But today, I will confess to him. If this mean to take a risk on our friendship, then I'm willing. I'll give it a try.

"Wish me luck!" I told her.

"Goodluck, Lee!" She said with a cheer.

I walked out from the toilet with a high hope to confess my love to Tae. I am nervous and excited on the same time.

I entered the cafeteria and saw Tae was there with Jimin, talking about stuff. I took in a deep breath before walking slowly behind them. I planned on surprising her first.

As I creep up slowly behind them, I suddenly heard their confession.

"Do you really like Lee?" Jimin asked Tae as they both were eating their lunch.

"No, I don't. She's my bestfriend haha" Tae replied and nudged Jimin on his shoulder.

My heart crashed, my hopes fell. My chest tightened because of the pain of an indirect rejection from him. I wanted to cry, but I know I shouldn't. They would ask me about it. Better not expose it.